WICHITA — A man and a boy have been treated and released for smoke inhalation following a house fire this morning, authorities said.
Fire crews were called to a house in the 1600 block of North Market just before 7 a.m., where they found smoke billowing from the structure, a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said.
The small fire was put out in less than five minutes, but a 38-year-old man and his 13-year-old son were taken to the burn unit of Via Christi Hospital on St. Francis for treatment, the supervisor said.
No cause or damage estimates have been released.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Check Kansas.com for updates.