WICHITA — A 24-year-old man who was airlifted Sunday night by EagleMed helicopter to Via Christi Hospital on St. Francis for burns he received while camping at Lake Afton was treated and released.
The accident happened around 8:30 p.m. Sunday when the man tried to re-ignite a fire pit using Coleman fuel. Burning embers quickly ignited the fuel, causing second- and third-degree burns to the man's right arm, torso and neck.
He was treated at the burn unit of Via Christi and released, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle