A 24-year-old man who was airlifted Sunday night by EagleMed helicopter to Via Christi-St. Francis for burns he received while camping at Lake Afton was treated and released.
The accident happened around 8:30 p.m. Sunday when the man tried to re-ignite a fire pit using Coleman fuel. Burning embers quickly ignited the fuel, causing 2nd and 3rd degree burns to the man's right arm, torso and neck.
He was treated at the burn unit of Via Christi and released, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.