News

Young girls burned in home accident

WICHITA _ Two young girls were hospitalized with burn injuries after they were injured in a home accident Wednesday night, police said.

One of the girls was walking through the kitchen of their home in the 4000 block of East Ross Parkway shortly after 8 p.m. when her foot caught on the power cord for a coffee maker, police said.

The yank on the cord caused by the trip caused a pot of hot water to spill on a 7-year-old girl and a 3-year-old girl. They were taken to Via Christi Regional Medical Center-St. Francis Campus for treatment.

The older girl is in fair condition and the younger child is in serious condition today, a hospital spokeswoman said.

  Comments