A Kansas City woman cooking this morning caught food on fire, tossed it from her downtown third-story apartment and caused a fire on the roof of an adjacent building, firefighters said.
Firefighters said the fire at the two-story building at 1518 Walnut Street caused $25,000 damage to the building and $100,000 in water damage, mostly to electronics stored in it.
The woman's apartment next door had about $1,000 damage, mostly to the stove, they said.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.