Kansas City fire investigators found only small amounts of carbon monoxide fumes Sunday morning in the entry level of the Majestic Theaters at Zona Rosa, said Joe Vitale, a battalion chief.
Rosemary Salerno, Zona Rosa general manager, said a group of people hold a church service in the comedy club on Sunday mornings.
Several people said they felt sick but declined treatment. No one had fainted and a couple people later said they may have felt sick before the service, Salerno said.
Firefighters, ambulances and the gas company responded to the report. The investigation is continuing, Vitale said.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.