Smoke detectors alerted two families that their duplex was on fire early today in Lenexa.
Members of both families escaped their connected homes in the 13300 block of W. 109th Terrace without injuries. The fire was reported about 1:50 a.m., according to a Johnson County Fire and Ambulance dispatcher.
The fire started in the back of one duplex and caused extensive damage to the structure. Firefighters extinguished the blaze and remained on the scene this morning.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.