One person was taken to the hospital this afternoon after a fire broke out in a central Kansas City house.
The fire was reported about 1:50 p.m. in the 5800 block of Wayne Avenue and the first firefighters to arrive said smoke was coming from the single-story structure.
The injured person reportedly suffered smoke inhalation before firefighters arrived. Details on the cause of the fire and the extent of damage were not immediately available.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.