WICHITA | A Hutchinson man is minus at least two fingers after a homemade explosive blew up in his hand at his home.
Authorities say the 44-year-old man had tied together about 50 sparklers at around noon Sunday, and lit a homemade fuse. The bundle exploded, ripping his fingers and leaving burns on his arm.
The man -- whose name has not been released -- was airlifted to Wesley Medical Center in Wichita.
Hutchinson police say the man could face charges since fireworks are illegal within city limits.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.