Padme, a 5-year-old female shepherd mix, is available for adoption from Kansas Humane Society.
They say you can never have too many friends, and I’ve made a lot of friends here at the Kansas Humane Society. But now I’m looking for a best friend, someone who will love me forever and can give me a home of my own. The staff here tells me what a sweet girl I am. Now I’m just waiting for my chance to show someone what a good dog I can be. Will you give me a chance? I promise to fill your home with love and laughter.
Also available from KHS:
▪ Tiga, 2-year-old male American pit bull terrier mix
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
I’m a happy guy that’s looking for someone to stand by my side forever. I’m so grateful for all the care the folks here at the shelter have given me, but I’d really love a home of my own soon. When I first came to the shelter, I wasn’t feeling well. But they gave me medicine for the infection that was making my ear hurt and started treating me with medicine to get rid of my heartworm problems. I’ll need somewhere quiet to recover for a while, but after that I promise to go on whatever adventure life throws our way. And my tail won’t stop wagging the whole way. Come pay me a visit today.
▪ Rey, 2-year-old female Labrador retriever
Wanna play? Come on, it’s fun. I promise to put a smile on your face. I’m a happy, friendly girl with a goofball personality. I am willing to learn and eager to please. Most of all, I will love you forever, with body wiggles and sloppy kisses just for you every day. So come on and head my way, visit me at KHS, and adopt me today.
▪ Felix, 6-year-old male cat, domestic shorthair mix
My name is Felix, and I’m looking for a friend. My previous owner said I got along great with all three of her kids and even made friends with their dog. I’m house-trained, and my front paws have been declawed so I won’t scratch up your furniture. I like to strut my stuff and show everyone what a great cat I am. You will wonder how your house ever ran without me.
▪ Nemo, 5-year-old male cat, domestic shorthair
You’ve heard of Garfield, right? Well I’m like his cousin, twice removed, on my mother’s side. Like Garfield, I’ve a big guy who likes to lounge around. At 15 pounds, the vets here at KHS have advised me to lay off the lasagna. But I think that just means there’s more of me to love. I’m looking for someone special who can give me lots of affection and let me snuggle up with them. In return, I promise to be a loyal, playful kitty who will give you oodles of laughs and purrs.
If you’re interested in adopting from Kansas Humane Society, visit at 3313 N. Hillside, call 316-524-9196 or go to www.kshumane.org.
Pepper, a delightful male toy poodle, about 10 pounds, is available from Pals Animal Rescue. He is seeing the world a bit better since all the mats on his head and face have been removed. He is a wonderful little guy who is house- and crate-trained, gets along great with other dogs and loves to be with his foster parents. Pepper will be shown, along with other Pals dogs, from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at PetSmart at 3615 N. Rock Road.
Also available from Pals:
▪ Wyatt is a small male terrier mix, 9 pounds. He loves other dogs and his toys. He is shy at first but warms up to you and then will never leave your side. His favorite place to rest is on the back of the couch with his feet on your shoulders; now if he could only learn to give a back rub. He’s a bright little guy who crates well and is house-trained with supervision. He will be at PetSmart on North Rock Road from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
▪ Grayson is a 5-year-old male Seal Point Siamese cat. He is a delightful cat who is friends with everyone. He is looking for a forever home where he will be the only cat. Visit him and other Pals cats from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday at PetSmart West, 533 S. Tracy.
To see available Pals cats and dogs, visit www.palsrescue.org or call 316-990-3647 for more information.