Herb Day is from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at the Extension Education Center, 21st and Ridge Road. The celebration of herbs and other green things is free and features information on selecting, planting, maintaining, cooking and decorating with herbs; vendors; garden-club and master-gardener plant sales; the farmers market in the parking lot; a children's activity; and food. Admission is free.
Seminars in the Sunflower Room:
* 8 a.m., Lavender
* 9 a.m., Bee research
* 10 a.m., Pollinators
* 11 a.m., Beekeeping
* Noon, Cooking with Horseradish
Seminars in the Demonstration Garden:
* 8:30 a.m., Container or Handicap Gardening With Herbs
* 9:30 a.m., Demonstration Garden Tour
* 10:30 a.m., Inside a Bee Hive
* 11:30 a.m., Composting — The Black Gold of the Garden.
Seminars and tours starting in the Meadowlark Room:
* 9:30 a.m., Growing Horseradish and Other Herbs
* 11:30 a.m., meet for outside tours of the nature trail and arboretum.