• Key play: KU’s Wayne Selden hit a three-pointer that pushed KU’s lead to 36-32 with 49 seconds left in the half. The Jayhawks led 37-35 at halftime.
• Key stat: Baylor hit eight of 10 from the three-point line.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Key play: Wayne Selden dived into the stands to save a ball and found Joel Embiid for a layup that gave KU a 53-44 lead with 11:30 left.
• Key stat: KU made 26 of 29 free throws.
Shockers in the house
No. 8 Kansas and No. 5 Wichita State won’t be playing anytime soon. But that didn’t stop Wichita State’s Cleanthony Early, Ron Baker and Nick Wiggins from taking in Monday’s game at Allen Fieldhouse.
Nick Wiggins is the older brother of Kansas freshman Andrew Wiggins, who also had his mother Marita and father Mitchell in the stands on Monday.
“It always a joy when your parents are here watching you,” Andrew Wiggins said. “I had my mom, my dad, my brother, and he brought his friends, too.”
• KU improved to 51-16 all time on ESPN’s Big Monday broadcast, including a 28-1 record at Allen.
• After their fourth straight win against a ranked opponent, the Jayhawks are 53-28 against ranked teams under Bill Self.