If you don't know a clutch from a carburetor, here is some car enthusiast slang to help you at the BlackTop Nationals.
* MoPar — any Dodge, Plymouth or Chrysler product. Derived from the term Motor Parts, Chrysler's parts and service division.
* Bow Tie — Any Chevrolet product, derived from the Chevy emblem.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
* Blue Oval — any Ford vehicle, most of which carry the Ford script in a blue oval logo
* Shoebox Ford — a 1949, '50 or '51 Ford sedan or coupe
* Deuce — the classic 1932 Ford body style
* Goat — a Pontiac GTO.
* Burnout — Drivers stop the car, rev up the engine and spin the rear tires to make them smoke.
* Drop Top or Rag Top — a convertible with a cloth roof
* Retractable Hardtop — a car with a folding metal roof that can be lowered like a convertible.
* Chopped and bagged — a custom car that has had its roof line lowered and its suspension modified with airbags that allow it to be lowered right down onto the pavement.
* Old school — a traditional looking hot rod or custom car.