One of the themes of this year’s Riverfest is participatory events. There’s plenty that should appeal to teens:
1. Bubble soccer, 3 to 9 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, Waterman and Water. $10 a person. Teams of eight can pre-register at www.wichitasportscenter.com. Some walk-ups accepted.
2. Neon Dance Party with Four Color Zack, 5 to 9:45 p.m. June 5, RedGuard Stage
3. Hip Hop Showcase with performances by Cash Hollistah, Ant Avery, Mannish Law and Nappy Roots, 4 to 10 p.m. Sunday, Red Guard Stage
4. King of the Ring, 6 to 9:30 p.m. weekdays, 3 to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 6 to 7 p.m. elimination round daily, Kennedy Plaza Tripodal Area: Competitors will battle wearing bubble suits. King of the Ring Finals are on June 6. Entry fee is $5.
5. Laser Tag, 2 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, Ackerman’s Backyard
6. Mobile GameDen, 2 to 9:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 2 to 11 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday, Ackerman’s Backyard: A portable video game den. For more information, visit mobilegameden.com.
7. Riverfest Zipline, noon to 8 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 5:30 to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Ackerman’s Backyard. Each round trip ride is $10 with a Riverfest button. Enter on the east side of river.
8. Paddle Boats, Cox Kids Corner at Hyatt Lawn, 3 to 8:30 p.m. daily except May 30 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and June 7 from noon to 4 p.m.