1. Helicopter. Take a three- to four-minute ride over the fest for $35 with a Wichita River Festival button. Takes off from the West Bank. Hours: 2 to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturdays, and 10:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Sunday.
2. Stand-up paddle boards. Ride for free with a Riverfest button along the river between the Douglas and Lewis Street bridges. Boards in A. Price Woodard Park at the river. Hours: 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturdays, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, 4 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and Friday.
3. Zipline. Zip along the Douglas Avenue Bridge from one end of the river to the other for $8 with a Riverfest button. Entrance on the east side of the river in A. Price Woodard Park. Hours: noon to 9 p.m. Friday, Saturdays and Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday; 5:30 to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
4. Paddleboats. Take a paddleboat on the river from the Douglas Avenue Bridge for free with a Riverfest button. Hours: 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
5. Horses. Trained guides will lead people of all ages astride horses rescued by Hope in the Valley. Donation suggested. Near WaterWalk. Hours: 5 to 9:45 p.m. Wednesday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. June 8.
6. Carnival rides and inflatables. Children can go on the carnival rides or inflatables just to the west of Century II: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays; 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday; 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday and Tuesday; 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 8. Free with a Riverfest button.
7. Pontoon boat. Climb aboard the SS Water Wagon for a tour of the river, leaving from the gazebo next to the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview. Rides are $5 for adults, $4 for ages 3 to 16; free for ages 2 and under. Button required for all those 6 and older. Hours 4 to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; 10 to 6 p.m. June 8.
8. Your bike. This year for the first time, you can ride your bike to the fest and leave it with a bike valet for safekeeping. The service, provided by Bike Walk Wichita, will be south of the Food Court behind the library and is free. Hours: 5 to 10 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturdays. You can also take part in a guided tour through downtown on your bike, from 10 to 11 a.m. Sunday and June 8, departing from the same spot as the valet. Free with a Riverfest button.