Burger-ish news broke out all over Wichita yesterday.
First came news that Jack’s North Hi Carryout was purchased at auction by 25-year-old Austin Herron’s grandmother. Austin will run the restaurant but keep everything the same.
Also, burger chain Smashburger has started smashing more food items, including chicken and salad. The menu at the restaurant at 3570 N. Woodlawn (plus the one in Derby) has just added “Smashchicken” sandwiches, available grilled or fried, and “Smashsalads” to the menu.
Following are the new choices:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
• BBQ Ranch Smashchicken topped with applewood smoked bacon, haystack onions, lettuce, tomato, BBQ sauce and ranch dressing on an egg bun
• Avocado Club Smashchicken topped with fresh avocado, applewood smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, ranch dressing and mayo on a multi-grained bun
• Buffalo Smashchicken featuring Frank's® Buffalo Sauce, crumbled blue cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo on an egg bun
• Honey Mustard Chicken Smashsalad a mix of fresh garden greens, topped with strips of crispy or grilled chicken, applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes and red onions with creamy honey mustard dressing
• Chicken Caesar Smashsalad with a mix of fresh garden greens topped with strips of crispy or grilled chicken, parmesan cheese, diced tomatoes and croutons with parmesan Caesar dressing
• Harvest Chicken Smashsalad a mix of fresh garden greens topped with strips of crispy or grilled chicken, marinated balsamic tomatoes, raisins, cranberries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, blue cheese, with balsamic vinaigrette dressing
• BBQ Chicken Ranch Smashsalad a mix of fresh garden greens topped with strips of crispy or grilled chicken, applewood smoked bacon, diced tomatoes, haystack onions, cheddar cheese, with buttermilk ranch dressing and bbq sauce.