The new Mexican restaurant opened Monday at 11423 E. 13th St. Among the tempting items on the long menu:
1. Espinaca con queso: One of the restaurants' most popular, most ordered items is this appetizer, a blend of melted jalapeno cheese, onions, tomatoes and a touch of spinach that's served with hot tortilla chips.
2. Chipotle chicken and mushroom burrito: Seasoned chicken, sauteed mushrooms and cheese are wrapped in a flour tortilla and topped with a chipotle cream sauce.
3. Corona shrimp tacos: Lightly beer-battered jumbo shrimp are stuffed in two flour tortillas and served "San Diego style" with shredded cabbage, lime sauce, pico de gallo, cheese and avocado slices and a side of black beans and rice.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
4. Parmesan crusted shrimp quesadilla: A grilled parmesan crusted tortilla, stuffed with grilled shrimp, avocado and cheeses. Served with sour cream, guacamole and cheeses.
Kids eat free at IHOP
IHOP is inviting kids to eat free nightly until Sept. 13. The promotion offers one free kids meal with each adult entree purchase from 4 to 10 p.m. Children ages 12 and under qualify for the offer. Wichita's participating IHOPS are at 3505 N. Rock Road, 515 S. Ridge Circle and 11855 E. Kellogg. For more information, visit www.ihop.com.
Chilean wine dinner
Oeno, the wine bar at 330 N. Mead in Old Town Square, is putting on a Chliean wine dinner at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The dinner, which is $25 a person, will feature a four-course meal with dishes such as green chili braised pork shoulder and confit duck pozole, and each course will be paired with a Chliean wine. Advance credit card reservations are required by calling 316-440-5000. For more information, visit www.oenowine.com.
Restaurant openings, closings
* Dragon Express is a new Great Wall-style Asian restaurant that opened last week at 6100 E. 21st St.
* Dog-N-Shake at Maple and West has closed.
* Firefly Cafe, a sandwich shop, should open in the lower level of the R.H. Garvey Building in the middle of September.
* Italian Garden at 8760 W. 21st St. has closed and a Senior Tequila Mexican restaurant should open there by the end of September. Italian Garden owners, meanwhile, are looking for a place to open an Italian restaurant in Old Town.