First Friday crawl
It's First Friday — and spring. Music fans can stroll with comfort through the Old Town area listening to bands. This month, the crawl officially includes:
* Raging Sea (Celtic, acoustic), 6:30 p.m., CityArts. 334 N. Mead
* Tatsuya Hidano (jazz), 7 p.m., Oeno, 330 N. Mead
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
* Live jazz, 7:30 p.m., Larkspur, 904 E. Douglas
* Thor Bonner (acoustic), 8 p.m., Riverside Perk, 1144 N. Bitting
* Major Games with The Non (post punk/rock), 9 p.m., Naked City Gallery, 121 N. Mead
* New Imperialism (indie rock), 9 p.m., Rock Island Live. 101 N. Rock Island
* 2 Twenty & Cosmic Octave, 10 p.m., Blue Lounge, 608 E. Douglas
Slightly Stoopid at Cotillion
Slightly Stoopid, a California-based band whose music is described as acoustic rock and blues with reggae, hip-hop and punk influences, will perform at 8 p.m. Thursday at the Cotillion, 11120 W. Kellogg. Doors open at 7 p.m., and the show is at 8. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 the day of the show. The band Dumpstaphunk will open the show. For more information and to charge tickets by phone, call 316-722-4201.
Big Fat Fun times
Popular local cover band Big Fat Fun is set for a two-night engagement — tonight and Saturday — at Jerry's Bar & Grill, 630 Robin Road. The show is at 9:30 p.m., and admission is free.