It's First Friday again — the night when music fans gather to hear free music in local bars. Following is the lineup:
* Blue Lounge _ Chinese Pancake (bluegrass)
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
* Larkspur _ jazz
* Riverside Perk _ Tom Page Trio featuring Dustin Arbuckle
* Mosley Street Market _ Rachelle Coba (blues)
* Kelly's Irish Pub _ Brent Eby (singer-songwriter)
* Rock Island Live _ Gluttonius Monk, DNA, OB Unplugged, DJ Saul, Cory J and Dead Commuter (hip-hop/shoegaze)
Would you like tunes with that?
Several restaurants in town are offering dining room music this weekend.
* Hangar One Steakhouse at 5925 W. Kellogg, which will offer music by bluesman Monty Harrison at 7 p.m. today.
* Kwan Court at 1443 N. Rock Road will offer the piano stylings of house player F# at 6:30 p.m. Saturday and at noon Sunday.
* Mexico Cafe-Seneca at 2544 S. Seneca will spice up dinner service with mariachi from Grupo Mirasol at 5:30 p.m. today and Saturday.
* Savute's at 3303 N. Broadway will continue its tradition of dining room music with a performance by Alan Young at 7 p.m. Saturday.