It’s a sure sign of spring when the Starlite Drive-in at 3900 S. Hydraulic reopens for the season, which it does this weekend. Admission is $13 per carload, and showing on Friday and Saturday are:
Screen 1 starting at 7:45 p.m.: “Zootopia” (PG), “Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip” (PG) and “The Finest Hours” (PG-13)
Screen 2 starting at 7:30 p.m.: “London Has Fallen” (R), “Ride Along 2” (PG-13) and “The Boy” (PG-13)
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
Box office opens at 6:45. Free car heaters are available. For more information, go to www.starlitefun.com.
Best bets opening Friday
▪ “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” – Tina Fey stars as a journalist who recounts her wartime coverage in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
▪ “Zootopia” – Disney’s latest animation takes place in a city of animals, where a fugitive con-artist fox and a rookie bunny cop work together to uncover a conspiracy.
Also opening Friday
▪ “London Has Fallen” – Gerard Butler stars in this action film that takes place in London, which has apparently fallen.
▪ “The Other Side of the Door” – Horror tale about a mother who learns of an ancient ritual to bring back her dead son. Because those always work out fine.
▪ “Die Hard” – The Wichita Big Screen initiative is back in action with retro screenings, and up first is this action classic to pay homage to the late Alan Rickman, who plays the villain to Bruce Willis’ hero. The film will be shown at 6:45 and 9:20 p.m. Friday-Sunday with additional showings at 10:45 p.m. Friday-Saturday at the Palace. Tickets are $3.50.
▪ “Strings on Screen: Celebration of the Electric Guitar” – The Tallgrass Film Association presents a special screening in conjunction with the guitar exhibits at the Sedgwick County Historical Museum. “Electric Revolution” documents the premiere performance of the electric guitar in Wichita in 1932, which will be followed by a collection of films from the L.A. Guitar Geek Fest. The program starts at 2 p.m. Sunday at the museum, 204 S. Main. Admission is $5 with paid entry to the museum.