New this week
▪ “No Escape” – In their new overseas home, members of an American family soon find themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed. Owen Wilson, Lake Bell and Pierce Brosnan star.
▪ “War Room” – This independent faith-based drama follows a married couple who seemingly have the perfect life, but as the husband flirts with temptation and the wife becomes increasingly bitter, a new acquaintance encourages them to find happiness in prayer.
▪ “We Are Your Friends” — Zac Efron stars as an aspiring DJ looking for fame and fortune in L.A. As opposed to being an actor looking for fame and fortune in L.A. What a stretch.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ The Starlite Drive-in is back to being open Friday through Sunday only, and admission is now $13 per carload.
▪ On Wednesdays, tickets to movies showing at Warren Old Town are just $5 (no other discounts or special ticket offers will be accepted on Wednesdays; excludes admission to Sony Pictures and the Director’s Suite; 3-D price is $8).
▪ The Palace Theatre has Time Warp Tuesdays with all ticket prices just $1.50 for regularly scheduled movies during regular operating hours.
▪ Sept. 7-8: Return of the Cults film series: “Repo Man,” Warren Old Town, 7 and 10 p.m., $5.
▪ Sept. 13: Tallgrass Film Association presents Indie at the Orpheum: “Call Me Lucky,” Orpheum Theatre, $10.
▪ Sept. 15: Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour, Orpheum, 7 p.m., $15.