The champagne was flowing, as were the Bill Cosby jokes, complete with a Cosby impersonation. Times two.
Yes, they did go there.
Nothing was off-limits for Amy Poehler and Tina Fey, who returned for a final time Sunday to host the Golden Globes.
Here were some of their best lines from the opening monologue:
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ “The biggest story in Hollywood this year was when North Korea threatened an attack if Sony Pictures released ‘The Interview,’ forcing us all to pretend we wanted to see it.” – Amy Poehler
▪ “It’s cute, but it’s creepy.” – Tina Fey, comparing Emma Stone to a Big Eyes painting
▪ “There are still great roles for women over 40, as long as you get hired when you’re under 40.” – Poehler on Patricia Arquette’s role in “Boyhood”
▪ Fey listed Amal Clooney’s accomplishments, including being a human rights lawyer and an adviser to Kofi Annan on Syria, “so tonight her husband is getting a lifetime achievement award.” (Her husband is actor George Clooney.)
▪ “Tyler Perry was so good in ‘Gone Girl’ that he has actually been asked to write and direct a sequel called ‘Girl, I Thought You Were Gone.’ ” – Fey