1. "Navigating Early" by Clare Vanderpool
2. "Moon Over Manifest" by Clare Vanderpool
3. "Morbid Hearts" by Susanne Lambdin
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
4. "Cagney: Professional Therapy Dog" by Marsha Todd
5. "Radiating Like a Stone" edited by Myrne Roe
6. "To the Stars Through Difficulties" edited by Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg
7. "The Art of Men (I Prefer Mine al Dente)" by Kirstie Alley
8. "Here, There, Elsewhere" by William Least Heat-Moon
9. "Blackbear Bosin: Keeper of the Indian Spirit" by David Simmonds
10. "The End of Space" by Albert Goldbarth
New and Notable
“Scent of Darkness" by Margot Brown (Pantheon, $25) — Set in the bayous of Louisiana, a young woman becomes the subject of intense desire after putting on a perfume made for her by her grandmother. The anticipated second novel from the author of "The Hothouse Flower and the Nine Plants of Desire," "Scent of Darkness" explores the seductive power of scent.
"The Feminine Mystique: 50 Years" by Betty Friedan (Norton, $25.95) — A 50th anniversary re-issue of this groundbreaking feminist classic includes a forward by New York Times columnist Gail Collins and an afterward
by Anna Quindlen.