“No Time Like the Present” by Nadine Gordimer (Farrar, Straus and Giroux, $27) Steven and Jabulile, once clandestine lovers struggling in segregated South Africa now face together the hardships imposed by apartheid’s end. In “No Time Like the Present,” Gordimer once again eloquently explores the costs of a country divided.
“Elegy for Eddie: A Maisie Dobbs Novel” by Jacqueline Winspear (HarperCollins, $25.99) In this last chapter in Winspear’s bestselling series, Maisie Dobbs returns to investigate the death of her father’s friend Eddie. As the investigation proceeds, Maisie must decide whether to risk everything to see justice done.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
1. "Our Family Outing" by Joe Cobb & Leigh Anne Taylor
2. "The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier" by Ree Drummond
3. "Out of Sight, Out of Time" by Ally Carter
4. "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins
5. "Cinnamon Roll Murder" by Joanne Fluke
6. "Flatscreen" by Adam Wilson
7. "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins
8. "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins
9. "Moon Over Manifest" by Clare Vanderpool
10. "Open City" by Teju Cole
Source: Watermark Books & Cafe