“When I Was a Child I Read Books” by Marilynne Robinson (Farrar, Straus and Giroux, $24) In this book of essays, acclaimed writer Marilynne Robinson revisits and expands upon her signature themes. Ranging from tackling the country’s charged political climate to an account of her childhood in Idaho, this collection is evidence of her reputation for sharp and moving prose.
“Out of Sight, Out of Time” by Ally Carter (Hyperion, $16.99) The most recent in Carter’s popular Gallagher Girls series for young people, “Out of Sight, Out of Time” is as action-packed, swoon-worthy, and enjoyable as the rest of the series about a secret spy school for girls. Ally Carter will be at Watermark on Saturday, March 24 at 2:00 p.m.
1. "When the Killing’s Done" by T.C. Boyle
2. "Radiating Like a Stone" edited by Myrne Roe
3. "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins
4. "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins
5. "House of Stone" by Antony Shadid
6. "The Orphan Master’s Son" by Adam Johnson
7. "Our Family Outing" by Joe Cobb & Leigh Anne Taylor
8. "The Story of Beautiful Girl" by Rachel Simon
9. "The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--a Love Story" by Ree
10. "Cinnamon Roll Murder" by Joanne Fluke
Source: Watermark Books & Cafe