"Risk Only Money: Success in Business Without Risking Family, Friends and Reputation" by Jack DeBoer (Rockhill Books, $24.95) DeBoer believes there are things we should never jeopardize _ family, reputation, self-respect, friendships, health _ but to him money only exists to risk, gain, lose and reclaim. A Wichita entrepreneur, DeBoer shares his own story of making it to the top, only to be taught some hard and humbling lessons once there.
"Smokin' Seventeen" by Janet Evanovich (Bantam, $28) Where there's smoke there's fire, and no one knows this better than New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. In this latest installment in the screwball mystery series, Stephanie's name has appeared at the top of a cold-blooded killer's list. While she frantically gathers the clues she needs to track him down, her family and friends start insisting that she finally choose between the two men in her life: Trenton cop Joe Morelli and bad boy security expert Ranger. Amid this chaos, Stephanie's life once again looks like it's about to go up in smoke!
Watermark best sellers
1. "Risk Only Money" by Jack DeBoer
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
2. "Eight Wonders of Kansas" by Marci Penner
3. "Eisenhower 1956" by David Nichols
4. "Unfamiliar Fishes" by Sarah Vowell
5. "From Farm to France: Cooking with Bonnie" by Bonnie Aeschliman
6. "Wichita's Riverside Parks" by James Mason
7. "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot
8. "Moon Over Manifest" by Clare Vanderpool
9. "State of Wonder" by Ann Patchett
10. "The Paris Wife" by Paula McLain