New and recommended
"Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels — A Love Story" by Ree Drummond (William Morrow, $25.99) A favorite Oklahoma cook, food blogger, and cookbook author, Drummond dishes up her own life story: a move away from the big city, onto a rural cattle ranch, and into the kitchen — which, she finds, is where the magic happens.
The Watermark Pick
"Committed" by Elizabeth Gilbert (Penguin, $16) New to paperback, the best-selling author of "Eat, Pray, Love" turns her thoughtful gaze and acrostic eye onto the way we marry now: Is it a bargain? A trade-off? A form of defeat? Or is it a victory for today's busy, adventurous, and independent woman? Watermark brings Gilbert to Wichita Feb 17.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
1. "Moon Over Manifest" by Clare Vanderpool
2. "Madame Bovary" by Gustave Flaubert
3. "Major Pettigrew's Last Stand" by Helen Simonson
4. "The Barnstormer and the Lady: Aviation Legends Walter and Olive Ann Beech" by Dennis Farney
5. "The Lake of Dreams" by Kim Edwards
6. "Autobiography of Mark Twain" by Mark Twain
7. "Changing My Mind" by Zadie Smith
8. "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand
9. "A Beautiful Blue Death" by Charles Finch
10. "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert