One of Wichita's biggest car shows, Automobilia's Moonlight Car Show and Street Party, takes place from 6 p.m. to midnight Saturday. Here's what you need to know about it:
1) The show usually draws between 800 and 1,000 entries, ranging from vintage cars to hot rods to custom-made autos, even motorcycles. As many as 80,000 people have attended the six-hour show in past years. Admission is free.
2) This year, eight bands will play on different stages spread around the 15 city blocks involved in the event. Vendors will sell food; no alcohol is sold at the event.
3) The show is organized by Automobilia, a store at First and Emporia crammed full of memorabilia, parts and gifts designed for people who love cars. Owner Gary Carpenter held the first show 16 years ago in the parking lot of his store as a customer appreciation event.
4) The show takes place in an area bounded by Douglas, Broadway, Second and Mosley. At midnight, the show ends with people cruising in their cars up and down Douglas between Waco and Washington.
5) Car show etiquette involves these simple rules: Don't touch vehicles unless you have permission, don't step on running boards, don't open and shut car doors without permission, and don't allow children to touch or climb on vehicles.