* Fridays: Derby Spangles/Meritrust Credit Union/Intrust Bank Friday Cruise-In, 5:30 p.m., North Rock Road, Derby. Call Jen at 316-788-7027.
* May 1: 6th annual Downtown Newton Car Show, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Main Street, Newton. Call 316-283-0391 for information.
* May 2: Orpheum Theatre Thunder on the Plains Car Show, 2-6 p.m. Call Jennifer at 316-268-0884.
* May 7: 9th annual Vatterott College Car Show and Open House, 5-9 p.m., 8853 E. 37th St. North. Call 316-634-0066.
* May 8: 6th annual Old School Car Show, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., 21st and Oliver. Call Thomas at 316-755-3410.
* May 8: 11th annual McPherson College CARS Club Car Show, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., McPherson College campus. Call Mike at 615-500-7422.
* May 8: Erin Is Hope Car Show, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., 4921 E. 21st St. Call Tim at 316-655-0697.
* May 8: Day at the Burford Car Show, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., benefit for Burford Theater, downtown Arkansas City. Call Richard at 620-442-6995.
* May 8: British Car Club of Wichita Spring Car Show, all makes welcome, 1-4 p.m., North Webb and 21st. Call Sharolyn at 316-522-1339 for information.
* May 8: American Cancer Society Car Show, 1643 S. Maize Road, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Call Michele at 316-765-3065.
* May 14: Red Robin Car Show, 13th and Webb, 4-8 p.m. Call Larry at 316-682-3013.
* May 15: Emporia Flatland Cruisers, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Soden's Grove Park, Emporia. Call 620-443-5806 for info.
* May 22: Cruise Night, 2-9 p.m., the Locker Room teen center, 103 W. Spring, Conway Springs. Call Jerry at 620-440-2250.
* May 23: ARC Car Show inside Old Cowtown Museum, registration 9:30-11:45 a.m., show noon-4 p.m. For information, go to www.ArcCarShow.com.
* May 29: Route 77 Classic Car and Bike Show, downtown Burns, registration 8 a.m.-noon, awards 4 p.m. Call Rose at 316-435-2299.
* May 29: South Central Kansas Mustang Club 17th annual Mustang and Ford Powered Car Show, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Sedgwick County Park, Wichita. Call Steve at 316-706-4828.
* May 29 Caney Mayfest car show, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Downtown Caney. Call Tom at 620-331-9474.
* June 4: Derby Classic Car Show, 6-9 p.m., Atwoods Parking Lot, Derby. Call John at 316-992-5002.
* June 12: 12th annual Route 56 Classic Cruisers' Car Show, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Memorial Park, Hillsboro. Call Kim at 620-947-2484.
* June 13: 3rd annual Classic Car and Truck Show, noon-5 p.m., Mennonite Heritage and Agricultural Museum, Goessel. Call Donavon at 620-367-2391.
* June 15: Mulvane Marauders Showdown in the Valley Car Show, 5-10 p.m., downtown Mulvane. Call Cheryl at 316-685-6590.
* June 20: KID/WACO Car Show and Drag Race, Kansas International Raceway, 61st North and Ridge Road; car show 9 a.m., time trials 10 a.m. Info: www.chevelles.net/wichita
* June 20: 9th annual Rolling Hills Father's Day Car Show, Rolling Hills Wildlife Adventure, 6 miles west of Salina on I-70. Call Debbie at 785-827-9488.
* June 26: 9th annual Dream Car Show benefit for Make-A-Wish Foundation, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., NewMarket Square, 21st and Maize Road. Call Susan at 316-721-4756.
* July 1-4: 31st annual GTO Association of America National Convention, Century II/Kansas International Dragway. Call Les at 316-788-6969 or Tom at 316-788-0514.
* July 10: 16th annual Automobilia's Moonlight Car Show and Street Party, 6 p.m.-midnight, downtown Wichita. Call Gary at 316-264-9986.
* Aug. 26-29: BlackTop Nationals, downtown Wichita. For information, call 316-425-6767 or go to www.BlackTopNationals.com.
* Sept. 10-11: Starliner Garage Crawl and Kustom Car Show(pre-1965 models) . Garage Crawl, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday, beginning at Holiday Inn Express, I-135 and 48th South. Car show, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Kansas Aviation Museum, 3350 S. George Washington Blvd. Call Jack at 316-680-6229.
* Sept. 11: 5th Annual Siena Plaza Car Show, 4-9 p.m., 37th North and Rock Road. Call Kathy at 316-259-1234.cq