* Andale, which finished third in 4A last season, has Levi Eck (third at state last season) and Colton Eck (second) to build with.
* Andover has one returning state placer, junior Hunter Weddington.
* Andover Central , ranked second in 5A, has three ranked atop their classes: Zac Gentzler (112; defending state champion), Jake Gentzler (130; defending champion) and Alex Bontz (145; fourth last season).
* Perennial power Ark City again has one of 5A's top teams. The Bulldogs are ranked seventh and have three wrestlers who finished in the top five at state: Cody Eastman (112, fifth), Colby Watters (119; second) and Sterling Terry (145; fifth).
* Augusta , which finished 15th at state last season, has a strong group in middle and upper weights. Five state qualifiers return, including Nick Collins (145), who finished fourth last season.
* Senior Cody Beasley, who won state at 119, joins state qualifiers Dalton Rodd and Jason Harper for Campus .
* Cheney will try and build its program with senior Matt Gillett (215).
* Circle has Derek McGovern (112) as its lone state qualifier.
* Clearwater has the potential to go to state as a team, with senior Jerome Youngers and junior Tanner Gardner leading the way.
* Sophomore Colt Castlebury, who finished fifth last season, is the only state qualifier back for Douglass .
* El Dorado will be young, with sophomores Kyle Macy and Austin Hughey as its only state qualifiers from a year ago.
* Three state qualifiers return for Garden Plain: senior Nathan Becker and juniors Cole Leis and Jon Washabaugh.
* Hutchinson , preseason eighth in 6A, has juniors Chris Sullivan (ranked second at 112), Jonathan Peterson (fourth at 125) and J.R. Roman (fifth at 140).
* A pair of juniors, Kieran Ritchie and Jon Gepher, will lead Independent .
* Maize , preseason ninth in 6A in the coaches poll, has a talented trio of wrestlers in senior Tyler Cassity (160) and juniors Chase Locke (130) and Trevor Cox (135).
* Still trying to build its program, Maize South has Jayston McClure as its lone state qualifier from last season.
* Mulvane has a chance to improve on its 20th-place finish at state, with seven state qualifiers returning, including Seth Sharpe, who placed sixth.
* Quinton Harrison (ranked third at 119) and David Garcia (fifth at 215) are the top returning wrestlers for Newton .
* Senior Travis Belnap was regional runnerup last season for Rose Hill .
* Wellington has one wrestler that had a winning record last season in senior Dray Meredith.
* Winfield's top wrestler will be sophomore Dalton Smith.
* Valley Center is in reloading mode trying to replace Chase Nitcher and Cade Blair. The Hornets do have seniors Jake Mertins (sixth at state) and Austin Southards (fifth at state).