More than 15 of outdoors television’s top celebrities are scheduled to be at the Midwest Hunt Fest, Friday through next Sunday at Century II.
The lineup includes Michael and Edwin Waddell, and Travis “T-Bone” Turner from the Bone Collector series. Chipper Jones, Jeff Dunker and Matt Duff of Major League Bowhunter will also be at the show. Go to www.midwesthuntfest.com for a complete celebrity list.
Shawn Nielson, show co-owner, is pleased with how the show has grown from last year’s first event. “We have a lot of the same vendors coming back from last year, and we’ve about doubled the amount of vendors,” Nielson said. “Things are going great.”
Nielson said the show will feature a wide variety of hunting and fishing outfitters from Kansas and several other states, as well as many product retailers. The show’s “outdoors lifestyle” flavor means it should appeal to people of all ages and degrees of outdoors interests.
Also scheduled at the event:
• Saturday seminars by Wildlife and Parks, and Turner.
• An indoor 3-D archery tournament paying $2,000 to the winner. Sponsored by Wichita’s Diamond Archery, qualifying rounds are shot Friday and Saturday, with a Sunday championship round.
• Nielson said about $20,000 in door prizes will be given away.
• The National Wild Turkey Federation will hold the only in-state sanctioned turkey calling contest Saturday at 10 a.m.
• Several shooting gallery attractions that are especially fun for kids and non-hunters.
Show hours are noon to 9 p.m. on Friday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday.
Admission costs are $10 for adults, $9 for military and seniors. Youth 8-12 are $5 and 7 and under free, with an adult who has paid admission.