Time for The Eagle's Great Outdoors Photo Contest
01/23/2011 12:00 AM
01/26/2011 12:16 PM
The Wichita Eagle's Great Outdoors Photo Contest is back. Submit your best outdoors photo through 5 p.m. Feb. 11.
The top 15 adult and top five youth photos (16 and under) will be selected by Eagle photographers and displayed on Kansas.com and at the Kansas Sports, Boat and Travel Show Feb. 17-20 at the Kansas Coliseum.
Public voting for winners will take place at the Sports Show Feb. 17-19. Online voting will be Feb. 15-19. Winners will be announced on The Eagle's Outdoors page on Feb. 20.
All entrants receive one free ticket to the Sports Show, available at the show's ticket window. All who vote in the contest can register to win an 11- by 14-inch outdoors print taken by Eagle photographers.
* All entries must include the entrant's name, address, phone number, e-mail address and the name of the photo.
* Contestants must have taken their own photo and no more than one entry per contestant.
* Photos should depict the natural beauty and/or enjoyment of the great outdoors.
* Photos need not have been from the previous year or taken in Kansas.
* Normal toning and cropping are allowed, but no major photo manipulation.
* Entrants 16 and under must provide their age to be included in the youth category.
Online entries: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Size should be 400K and 3MB or 8 by 10 inches and 200 pixels per inch. Online entries must have "Great Outdoors Photo Contest" in the subject field. The photo's name and entrant's contact information are required.
Mail: Entries can be mailed as an 8-by-10-inch print to Great Outdoors Photo Contest, Wichita Eagle, 825 E. Douglas, 67202. Proper-sized self-addressed stamped envelopes must accompany prints for them to be returned.
Drop-off entries: Photos in envelopes with the proper information can be dropped off at The Eagle's front counter between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays.
Call 316-268-6382 or e-mail email@example.com for information.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.