Calendar (Oct. 24)
10/24/2011 12:00 AM
10/24/2011 12:01 PM
* 14-U Rangers looking for players for fall and 2012 seasons. Contact Rob Dreiling at 316-550-6031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Oct. 26: Basketball fundamental skills clinic, 5-6:30 p.m., ages 4-8. Fee $25. Call 316-807-7717.
* Nov. 12-13: Solomon Tournament for boys grades 5-7. Fee $135 by Nov. 1. Three-game minimum. Call 785-655-2800 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Wichita Cheer Academy forming youth squads for football games, grades K-8. See www.leaguelineup.com/wichitacheeracademy or call Jordan Giffin at 316-519-1001.
* Brocaw Blazers youth team tryouts through Nov. 6. Call Steve Howell at 316-993-1280 or check brocawblazers.org.
* Nov. 5-6: WFA Champions Bowl, tournament-style youth tournament. See wichitafootballacademy.com or call Jason Giffin at 316-461-8953.
* Nov. 12-13: WFA Sunflower Bowl. See wichitafootballacademy.com or call Jason Giffin at 316-461-8953.
* Wichita Giants seeking players and coaches, grades 2-8. Information at www.leaguelineup.com/wichitagiantsfootball.
* Wichita Football Academy forming program for seventh and eighth graders. Contact Jason Giffin at 316-461-8953.
* Through October: Business Women's Golf League plays Tuesday afternoons through October at Braeburn.
* 12-U and 10-U division Shockerettes girls team tryouts at TRYC for next summer. Call Vincent Garcia at 316-390-4352.
* Deadline Oct. 31: YMCA league for girls 12-18 at Farha Sport Center (South branch). Fee $550 per team for members, $650 nonmembers. Call 316-942-5511 for information.
Calendar items are updated each week. Facility rentals will not be included. E-mail information, including a telephone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 316-268-6536.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.