Kansas' Marcus Morris was named Big 12 Player of the Year on Sunday in voting by conference coaches.
Morris was joined on the six-man All-Big 12 team by Kansas State's Jacob Pullen, Baylor's LaceDarius Dunn, Colorado's Alec Burks, Missouri's Marcus Denmon and Texas' Jordan Hamilton.
KU's Markieff Morris was named to the second team, Tyrel Reed and Brady Morningstar were honorable mention and Bill Self was named Coach of the Year.
K-State's Rodney McGruder was a third-teamer. Pullen and Morningstar were named to the defensive team.
Never miss a local story.
* Kansas State's Brittany Chambers and Baylor's Brittney Griner were named co-Big 12 players of the week. Chambers scored 35 points in K-State's upset of No. 5 Texas A&M.
* New Orleans' Chris Paul left the court on a stretcher with an apparent head injury in the Hornets' 96-81 victory over host Cleveland. He lost the ball driving into the lane as he was defended by Ramon Sessions. As Paul tried to retrieve the ball, he hit his forehead on Sessions' right shoulder and immediately fell to the court. Paul stayed on the floor as trainers from both teams attended to him.... Kobe Bryant scored 26 points in the Lakers' 99-83 blowout win at San Antonio.... In Oklahoma City, Russell Westbrook had 32 points and 11 assists in the Thunder's 122-118 overtime win over Phoenix.... Host Miami lost its fourth straight, 87-86 to Chicago. LeBron James (26 points) and Chris Bosh each missed shots in the last eight seconds that would've given Miami the lead.
Kansas State swept a doubleheader from Western Illinois 14-7 and 7-6 (13 innings) in Manhattan. K-State scored nine runs in the third inning of the opener, and starter Justin Lindsey (2-0) gave up one run and four hits in seven innings. In Game 2, Nick Martini's single in the 13th ended a 3-hour, 39-minute game.
* Wally Marciel gave up three hits and one run over seven innings for Kansas (5-6) in its 4-1 win over Air Force. Maize's Jake Marasco was 3 for 4 and scored twice.
* Mike Aviles doubled, singled twice and scored two runs as Kansas City beat the White Sox 8-3. KC tagged lefty Mark Buehrle for five runs and nine hits in three innings. "It's spring. He was throwing more balls over the heart of the plate, which is not him," Aviles said.
Kiersten Dixon was 2 for 2 but Wichita State had only three other hits in a 9-1 loss to host North Texas.
The Thunder clinched its first Central Hockey League playoff berth in four years Sunday by way of Evansville's loss to Fort Wayne, sealing a top-eight finish in the Turner Conference.
The International Tennis Federation confirmed that Ivo Karlovic of Croatia broke the world record for the fastest serve, 156 mph on Saturday against Germany in Davis Cup play. Andy Roddick's 155 was the old record.
* Roddick defeated Paul Capdeville 3-6, 7-6 (2), 6-3, 6-3 to give the United States a 4-1 win in the Davis Cup first-round series in Chile.
American Lindsey Vonn capped a brilliant World Cup weekend when she won the super-G race in Tarviso, Italy. She trailed German Maria Riesch in the standings by 196 points and chopped the deficit by more than half.
The competitive portion of the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race has begun with 62 teams. The race restart was held in Willow, Alaska, where mushers directed their 16-dog teams across the start line and a frozen lake on the way to Nome.