Calendar (Jan. 20)
01/20/2011 12:31 PM
01/20/2011 12:31 PM
* Feb. 5 and 12: Northeast Baseball registration 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Edgemoor Recreation Center, 5815 E. 9th. Call 316-686-3131 for information or check northeastbaseball.org.
* Registration for 2011 Southwest Boys Club spring season available at playitagainsportswichita.com, or call 316-729-0300.
* Deadline Jan. 21: MAYB tournaments Feb. 5-6 in Lindsborg and Kingman for grades 3-8. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Check mayb.com or call 316-284-0354.
* Deadline Feb. 4: MAYB tournaments Feb. 19-20 in Newton and Salina for grades 3-8. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Check mayb.com or call 316-284-0354.
* Deadline Feb. 18: MAYB tournaments March 5-6 for grades 3-8 in Andale/Colwich, Lawrence and Hays. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Check mayb.com or call 316-284-0354.
* Feb. 19-20: Boys tournament for grades 3-6 in Solomon to benefit eighth-grade class trip to Washington, D.C. Fee $140 per team. Contact Jessica Shirack at 785-201-7906 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Deadline Feb. 20: Cheney After-Prom Tournament for boys and girls sixth grade and under Feb. 26-27 at Cheney High. Fee $150, three-game guarantee. Call Mark Scheer at 316-540- 0491 or Joe Hageman at 316-542-9944.
* Deadline March 11: MAYB final winter tournament in Newton/Wichita March 26-27 for grades 3-12 boys and girls. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Check mayb.com or call 316-284- 0354.
* First-year Crusader Youth Football Association looking for players and coaches. Call David Channel at 316-250-8312 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Deadline April 8: Wichita Golf League two-man teams playing Sunday afternoons beginning at 4 p.m. April 17. Fee $180 per team, discount for weekend pass holders. Call 316-268-4361.
* Deadline March 2: Wichita Parks and Recreation league for grades 2-12. Practices begin March 12 on Saturdays at Eastview Park. Fee $50 per person, includes game jersey, rental equipment $15 per child. Call 316-268-4361.
* Deadline Feb. 17: Wichita Parks and Recreation spring adult men and co-ed slow-pitch leagues, beginning March 6. Fee $425 for 12 games, all doubleheaders at South Lakes Sports Complex. Call 316-268-4361 for information.
Camps and Clinics
* Holman Baseball Shed private instruction for winter. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
* Craig Dingman individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-371-5921 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Derik Dukes individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-409-6077 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Kevin Hooper hitting and field instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-729-1710.
* The Hack Shack team and individual instruction. Call Eric Barrier at 316-208-7888 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Holman's Baseball Shed is scheduling private instruction. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
Calendar items are updated each week. Lessons and facility rentals will not be included. E-mail information, including a telephone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 316-268-6536.