Calendar (Jan. 20)
01/20/2011 12:00 AM
01/20/2011 12:31 PM
* Feb. 5 and 12: Northeast Baseball registration 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Edgemoor Recreation Center, 5815 E. 9th. Call 316-686-3131 for information or check northeastbaseball.org.
* Registration for 2011 Southwest Boys Club spring season available at playitagainsportswichita.com, or call 316-729-0300.
* Deadline Jan. 21: MAYB tournaments Feb. 5-6 in Lindsborg and Kingman for grades 3-8. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Check mayb.com or call 316-284-0354.
* Deadline Feb. 4: MAYB tournaments Feb. 19-20 in Newton and Salina for grades 3-8. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Check mayb.com or call 316-284-0354.
* Deadline Feb. 18: MAYB tournaments March 5-6 for grades 3-8 in Andale/Colwich, Lawrence and Hays. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Check mayb.com or call 316-284-0354.
* Feb. 19-20: Boys tournament for grades 3-6 in Solomon to benefit eighth-grade class trip to Washington, D.C. Fee $140 per team. Contact Jessica Shirack at 785-201-7906 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Deadline Feb. 20: Cheney After-Prom Tournament for boys and girls sixth grade and under Feb. 26-27 at Cheney High. Fee $150, three-game guarantee. Call Mark Scheer at 316-540- 0491 or Joe Hageman at 316-542-9944.
* Deadline March 11: MAYB final winter tournament in Newton/Wichita March 26-27 for grades 3-12 boys and girls. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Check mayb.com or call 316-284- 0354.
* First-year Crusader Youth Football Association looking for players and coaches. Call David Channel at 316-250-8312 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Deadline April 8: Wichita Golf League two-man teams playing Sunday afternoons beginning at 4 p.m. April 17. Fee $180 per team, discount for weekend pass holders. Call 316-268-4361.
* Deadline March 2: Wichita Parks and Recreation league for grades 2-12. Practices begin March 12 on Saturdays at Eastview Park. Fee $50 per person, includes game jersey, rental equipment $15 per child. Call 316-268-4361.
* Deadline Feb. 17: Wichita Parks and Recreation spring adult men and co-ed slow-pitch leagues, beginning March 6. Fee $425 for 12 games, all doubleheaders at South Lakes Sports Complex. Call 316-268-4361 for information.
Camps and Clinics
* Holman Baseball Shed private instruction for winter. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
* Craig Dingman individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-371-5921 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Derik Dukes individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-409-6077 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Kevin Hooper hitting and field instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-729-1710.
* The Hack Shack team and individual instruction. Call Eric Barrier at 316-208-7888 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Holman's Baseball Shed is scheduling private instruction. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
Calendar items are updated each week. Lessons and facility rentals will not be included. E-mail information, including a telephone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 316-268-6536.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.