Calendar (Dec. 14)
12/14/2010 12:00 AM
12/14/2010 10:36 PM
* Registration for 2011 Southwest Boys Club spring season available at playitagainsportswichita.com, or call 316-729-0300.
* Begins Dec. 20: Bel Aire Recreation boys league for ages 5-11. Call 316-744-2700.
* Deadline Dec. 31: MAYB tournaments in Towanda/Wichita and Salina for grades 3-8 boys and girls Jan. 15-16. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Check mayb.com or call 316-284-0354.
* Jan. 8-9, 15-16: Little Apple tournaments in Manhattan for boys Jan. 8-9, girls Jan. 15-16. Fee $150, three-game guarantee. Call Ray Kujawa at 785-770-2804.
* Feb. 19-20: Boys tournament for grades 3-6 in Solomon to benefit eighth-grade class trip to Washington, D.C. Fee $140 per team. Contact Jessica Shirack at 785-201-7906 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Deadline March 11: MAYB final winter tournament in Newton/Wichita March 26-27 for grades 3-12 boys and girls. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Check mayb.com or call 316-284- 0354.
* First-year Crusader Youth Football Association looking for players and coaches. Call David Channel at 316-250-8312 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Deadline Dec. 18: Hillsboro Frostbite Four-Mile Run, 2 p.m. Jan. 1. Fee $10. Call 620-877-7512 or 620-947-2409.
Camps and Clinics
* Holman Baseball Shed private instruction for winter. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
* Craig Dingman individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-371-5921 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Derik Dukes individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-409-6077 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Kevin Hooper hitting and field instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-729-1710.
* Holman's Baseball Shed is scheduling private instruction. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
Calendar items are updated each week. Lessons and facility rentals will not be included. E-mail information, including a telephone number, to email@example.com, or fax to 316-268-6536.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.