Calendar (Sept. 22)
09/25/2010 10:28 PM
09/25/2010 10:28 PM
* Oct. 7-9: Fall tournament for ages 14-under. Fee $150, three-game guarantee. Call Derik Dukes at 316-409-6077 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Nov. 4-6: Winter tournament for ages 14-under. Fee $150, three-game guarantee. Call Derik Dukes at 316-409-6077 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Grays Academy fall league signups, ages 9-18. Call 316-806-3778 for information.
* The 11-U Heaters are looking for players for 2011. Call Tracy Schenk-Lara at 620-326-7560, 620-326-0655 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Sept. 25: Valley Center Fall Festival 3-on-3 men's tournament at Valley Center High. Fee $55 for up to five players. Starts 11:45 a.m. Round-robin play. Call 316-210-9299.
* Oct. 1-3: Heart of America Top 48 girls tournament for grades 3-12 in elite, select and open divisions. Fee $295 per team, five-game guarantee. Call Sam Ward at 913-207-5515.
* Deadline Oct. 4: YMCA league for grades preK-7. Eight games beginning Nov. 6. Fee $35 members, $60 nonmembers. Contact any Wichita-area branches or check sports.ymcawichita.org.
* Deadline Oct. 20: Funball 2 Basketball registration for grades 4-6. Funball 2 is a developmental league stressing fundamentals and character. Season November-February. Call Dave Yordy at 316-807-8822 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Saturdays: Westside rides meet on Santa Fe St. (next to rails/trails) in Goddard at 9 a.m. Riders decide on distance. Call David Rudiger at 316-721-0907.
* Saturdays: Eastside ride starts at 10 a.m. at WSU Metroplex, 29th St. North and Oliver. This is a beginner friendly 26-mile training ride to Valley Center. Call Ben Sciortino at 316-733-5192.
* Saturdays: Eastside ride starts at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb Rd. at 9 a.m. Rides are 40-60 miles in length, averaging 17-19 mph. Call Barry Carroll at 316I-262-6122. * Saturdays: Dirt road ride starts at 10 a.m. at Derby Recreation Center. This is a three-hour long ride at about an 18 mph pace, led by Andy Malcom. Contact Bob Cummings at Racing,firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Sundays: Eastside ride begins at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb Rd. at 1 p.m. Rides are 40-60 miles in length, averaging 17-19 ph. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Sundays: Southside ride begins at 9 a.m. at Linwood Center, Mt. Vernon and Kansas. Ride length is 25-40 miles. Contact Alan Chapman at email@example.com.
* Tuesdays: Eastside night rides, begins at 6:15 p.m. at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb. Rides are 30-35 miles in length at a moderate to fast pace. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Thursdays: Eastside night ride begins at 6:15 p.m. at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb. Rides are 30-35 miles long at a moderate to fast pace. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Giants junior tryouts for grades 2-8. Go to wichitafootballacademy.com.
* Deadline Oct. 14: Jessica Heida Benefit tournament at Consolver Golf Course, 9 a.m. Oct. 16. Fee $100 per person for four-person scramble. Call 316-992-0261 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Oct. 17: Campus High 50th anniversary tournament at Cherry Oaks, Cheney. Four-man scramble, 8 a.m. Fee $200 per team. Contact Jeremy Willig at email@example.com or 316-554-2236, ext. 1504.
* Brocaw Blazers youth cross country team tryouts through Nov. 7. Call Steve Howell at 316-993-1280 or see www.brocawblazers.org.
* Oct. 30: Arkalalah 2-mile run, 9 a.m. in Arkansas City. Call 620-441-4300 or see www.arkcity.org.
* Deadline Oct. 4: YMCA advance league for girls ages 6-18. Eight games beginning Nov. 1. Fee $50 members, $75 nonmembers. Contact any Wichita-area branches or check sports.ymcawichita.org.
* Deadline Oct. 15: Coed Duck Soup Final Fling tournament Oct. 23 at South Lake Complex. Fee $160 per team, double-elimination. Call Debbie at 316-268-4129.
* Deadline Sept. 26: Adult leagues for women and co-ed, 10 games and tournament. Fee $180 per team, season begins Oct. 10. Call 316-945-2255 or check ymcawichita.org.
* Beginning Nov. 6: Club league tryouts for U-12, U-13, U-14 (5-7 p.m. Nov. 6 at Farha Sport Center); U-15, U-16, U-17, U-18 (5-7 p.m. Nov. 13). Fee $350 members, $50 non members plus $50 fees. Call 316-945-2255 or check ymcawichita.org.
Camps and Clinics
* Oct. 24: Brad Hill's College Exposure Camp for high school age players, includes live games, evaluation by KSU staff, and special session from KSU strength coach Scott Bird. Camp runs from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fee: $110. Call Justin Tadtman at 785-532-3926.
* Nov. 13: Brad Hill's College Exposure Camp for high school age players, includes live games, evaluation by KSU staff and midwestern college coaches, and special session from KSU strength coach, Scott Bird. Camp runs from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fee: $110. Call Justin Tadtman at 785-532-3926.
* Holman Baseball Shed private instruction for winter. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
* Craig Dingman individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-371-5921 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Derik Dukes individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-409-6077 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Holman's Baseball Shed is scheduling private instruction. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
Calendar items are updated each week. Lessons and facility rentals will not be included. E-mail information, including a telephone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 316-268-6536.