Calendar (Nov. 18)
11/18/2010 12:00 AM
11/18/2010 6:50 PM
* Registration for 2011 Southwest Boys Club spring season available at playitagainsportswichita.com, or call 316-729-0300.
* Deadline Nov. 26: MAYB tournament in Newton for grades 3-8, boys and girls. Fee $165 per team, three-game guarantee. Call 316-284-0354 or check mayb.com.
* Nov. 26-28: Hoop Mountain Central Thanksgiving Hoop Fest, boys and girls divisions grades 2-7. Fee $120 per team, three-game guarantee. See hoopmountaincentral.com or call 316-733-7700.
* Deadline Nov. 26: MAYB winter kickoff tournament Dec. 11-12 for boys and girls grades 3-8 in Newton/Wichita. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Call 316-284-0354 or check mayb.com.
* Deadline Dec. 3: MAYB tournaments Dec. 18-19 for boys and girls grades 3-8 in Wichita/Towanda, McPherson and Johnson County. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Call 316-284-0354 or check mayb.com.
* Jan. 8-9, 15-16: Little Apple tournaments in Manhattan for boys Jan. 8-9, girls Jan. 15-16. Fee $150, three-game guarantee. Call Ray Kujawa at 785-770-2804.
* Feb. 19-20: Boys tournament for grades 3-6 in Solomon to benefit eighth-grade class trip to Washington, D.C. Fee $140 per team. Contact Jessica Shirack at 785-201-7906 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Saturdays: Westside rides meet on Santa Fe St. (next to rails/trails) in Goddard at 9 a.m. Riders decide on distance. Call David Rudiger at 316-721-0907.
* Saturdays: Eastside ride starts at 10 a.m. at WSU Metroplex, 29th St. North and Oliver. This is a beginner friendly 26-mile training ride to Valley Center. Call Ben Sciortino at 316-733-5192.
* Saturdays: Eastside ride starts at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb Rd. at 9 a.m. Rides are 40-60 miles in length, averaging 17-19 mph. Call Barry Carroll at 316I-262-6122. * Saturdays: Dirt road ride starts at 10 a.m. at Derby Recreation Center. This is a three-hour long ride at about an 18 mph pace, led by Andy Malcom. Contact Bob Cummings at email@example.com.
* Sundays: Eastside ride begins at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb Rd. at 1 p.m. Rides are 40-60 miles in length, averaging 17-19 ph. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Sundays: Southside ride begins at 9 a.m. at Linwood Center, Mt. Vernon and Kansas. Ride length is 25-40 miles. Contact Alan Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Tuesdays: Eastside night rides, begins at 6:15 p.m. at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb. Rides are 30-35 miles in length at a moderate to fast pace. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Thursdays: Eastside night ride begins at 6:15 p.m. at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb. Rides are 30-35 miles long at a moderate to fast pace. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Nov. 21: Club Synergy 16s tryouts from 1-3 p.m. in older East High gym. Call 316-641-9674.
Camps and Clinics
* Holman Baseball Shed private instruction for winter. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
* Craig Dingman individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-371-5921 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Derik Dukes individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-409-6077 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Kevin Hooper hitting and field instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-729-1710.
* Holman's Baseball Shed is scheduling private instruction. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
Calendar items are updated each week. Lessons and facility rentals will not be included. E-mail information, including a telephone number, to email@example.com, or fax to 316-268-6536.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.