Calendar (Aug. 11)
08/11/2010 12:09 PM
08/11/2010 12:09 PM
* Aug. 14: 14-U Westurban team tryout for both fall and spring play. Call Kevin Dingman at 316-946-0639 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Aug. 22: Wichita Sluggers Academy tryouts. Check wichitasluggers.com.
* Aug. 22, 29: Wichita Bucs tryouts at Wichita Trinity for 11-U, 12-U, 13-U. Go to wichitabucs.com or call 316-771-8636.
* Grays Academy fall league signups, ages 9-18. Call 316-806-3778 for information.
* The 11-U Heaters are looking for players for 2011. Call Tracy Schenk-Lara at 620-326-7560, 620-326-0655 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Deadline Aug. 23: YMCA advance league for grades 6-8 and high school. Ten games and tournament beginning Sept. 11. Fee $80 members, $130 nonmembers. Call 316-945-2255 or check ymcawichita.org.
* Deadline Sept. 3: YMCA advance league for grades 2-5. Ten games and tournament beginning Oct. 9. Fee $80 members, $130 nonmembers. Call 316-945-2255 or check ymcawichita.org.
* Deadline Sept. 13: Adult leagues for women and men, six games and tournament beginning Sept. 13 at Farha Sport Center. Fee $250 per team. Call 316-945-2255 or check ymcawichita.org.
* Deadline Oct. 4: YMCA league for grades preK-7. Eight games beginning Nov. 6. Fee $35 members, $60 nonmembers. Contact any Wichita-area branches or check sports.ymcawichita.org.
* Saturdays: Westside rides meet on Santa Fe St. (next to rails/trails) in Goddard at 9 a.m. Riders decide on distance. Call David Rudiger at 316-721-0907.
* Saturdays: Eastside ride starts at 10 a.m. at WSU Metroplex, 29th St. North and Oliver. This is a beginner friendly 26-mile training ride to Valley Center. Call Ben Sciortino at 316-733-5192.
* Saturdays: Eastside ride starts at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb Rd. at 9 a.m. Rides are 40-60 miles in length, averaging 17-19 mph. Call Barry Carroll at 316I-262-6122. * Saturdays: Dirt road ride starts at 10 a.m. at Derby Recreation Center. This is a three-hour long ride at about an 18 mph pace, led by Andy Malcom. Contact Bob Cummings at Racing,firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Sundays: Eastside ride begins at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb Rd. at 1 p.m. Rides are 40-60 miles in length, averaging 17-19 ph. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Sundays: Southside ride begins at 9 a.m. at Linwood Center, Mt. Vernon and Kansas. Ride length is 25-40 miles. Contact Alan Chapman at email@example.com.
* Tuesdays: Eastside night rides, begins at 6:15 p.m. at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb. Rides are 30-35 miles in length at a moderate to fast pace. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Thursdays: Eastside night ride begins at 6:15 p.m. at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb. Rides are 30-35 miles long at a moderate to fast pace. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Giants junior tryouts for grades 2-8. Go to wichitafootballacademy.com.
* Aug. 28, Sept. 4: Junior preseason scrimmages for grades 2-8. Fee $95. Check wichitafootballacademy.com for information.
* Begins Aug. 30: Bel Aire Recreation flag football for grades 3-6. Call 316-744-2700.
* Deadline Sept. 10: Wichita Parks and Recreation men's flag 7-on-7 league. Fee $400 for eight games at South Lakes Complex beginning Sept. 18. Call 316-268-4129 for information.
* Aug. 22: Amateur Golf Tour tournament at Alvamar Public, Lawrence, 1 p.m. Fee $100. Call 316-619-3081 or 316-990-5474, or go to amateurgolftour.net.
* Sept. 13: YWCA Classic at Willowbend, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Fee $90 per player. Call 316-263-7401 of check ywcaofwichita.org.
* Oct. 17: Campus High 50th anniversary tournament at Cherry Oaks, Cheney. Four-man scramble, 8 a.m. Fee $200 per team. Contact Jeremy Willig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-554-2236, ext. 1504.
* Sept. 11: I-Did-A-Hill Fun Run/Walk in Roxbury; 2- and 6-mile runs, 2- and 4-mile walks. Fee $12 before Aug. 27, $15 after. Call Scanlans at 785-536-4205 or Tolles at 785-254-7355.
* Begins Aug. 30: Bel Aire Recreation league for ages 4-11. Call 316-744-2700.
* Begins Sept. 12: Winfield 6-on-6 league, Sunday afternoons through Oct. 31. Fee $210 per team, seven-game minimum. Call Don Birney at 620-222-5114.
* Deadline Oct. 4: YMCA advance league for girls ages 6-18. Eight games beginning Nov. 1. Fee $50 members, $75 nonmembers. Contact any Wichita-area branches or check sports.ymcawichita.org.
* Aug. 28-29: Slow pitch masters tournament at Fun Valley in Hutchinson. Fee $175. Call Mike Baird at 620-241-7974.
Track and Field
* Aug. 21: Halstead Parks and Recreation Commission's Open and Masters meet for men and women ages 19-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, etc., starts at 3:30 p.m. with field events. Opening ceremonies at 7:15, followed by running events.Call Bob Everoski, meet director, at 316-835-3366.
* Deadline Aug. 16: Wichita Church Athletic Association fall co-ed leagues. Play begins Aug. 26. Fee $235. Call Bob Waterson at 316-682-4545.
* Begins Sept. 6: Bel Aire Recreation league for grades 6-8. Call 316-744-2700.
* Deadline Sept. 26: Adult leagues for women and co-ed, 10 games and tournament. Fee $180 per team, season begins Oct. 10. Call 316-945-2255 or check ymcawichita.org.
* Beginning Nov. 6: Club league tryouts for U-12, U-13, U-14 (5-7 p.m. Nov. 6 at Farha Sport Center); U-15, U-16, U-17, U-18 (5-7 p.m. Nov. 13). Fee $350 members, $50 non members plus $50 fees. Call 316-945-2255 or check ymcawichita.org.
Camps and Clinics
* Holman Baseball Shed private instruction for winter. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
* Craig Dingman individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-371-5921 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Holman's Baseball Shed is scheduling private instruction. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
Calendar items are updated each week. Lessons and facility rentals will not be included. E-mail information, including a telephone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 316-268-6536.