Calendar (Sept. 9)
09/09/2010 12:00 AM
09/09/2010 11:30 AM
* Oct. 7-9: Fall tournament for ages 14-under. Fee $150, three-game guarantee. Call Derik Dukes at 316-409-6077 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Nov. 4-6: Winter tournament for ages 14-under. Fee $150, three-game guarantee. Call Derik Dukes at 316-409-6077 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Grays Academy fall league signups, ages 9-18. Call 316-806-3778 for information.
* The 11-U Heaters are looking for players for 2011. Call Tracy Schenk-Lara at 620-326-7560, 620-326-0655 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Deadline Sept. 13: Adult leagues for women and men, six games and tournament beginning Sept. 13 at Farha Sport Center. Fee $250 per team. Call 316-945-2255 or check ymcawichita.org.
* Deadline Oct. 4: YMCA league for grades preK-7. Eight games beginning Nov. 6. Fee $35 members, $60 nonmembers. Contact any Wichita-area branches or check sports.ymcawichita.org.
* Saturdays: Westside rides meet on Santa Fe St. (next to rails/trails) in Goddard at 9 a.m. Riders decide on distance. Call David Rudiger at 316-721-0907.
* Saturdays: Eastside ride starts at 10 a.m. at WSU Metroplex, 29th St. North and Oliver. This is a beginner friendly 26-mile training ride to Valley Center. Call Ben Sciortino at 316-733-5192.
* Saturdays: Eastside ride starts at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb Rd. at 9 a.m. Rides are 40-60 miles in length, averaging 17-19 mph. Call Barry Carroll at 316I-262-6122. * Saturdays: Dirt road ride starts at 10 a.m. at Derby Recreation Center. This is a three-hour long ride at about an 18 mph pace, led by Andy Malcom. Contact Bob Cummings at Racing,firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Sundays: Eastside ride begins at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb Rd. at 1 p.m. Rides are 40-60 miles in length, averaging 17-19 ph. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Sundays: Southside ride begins at 9 a.m. at Linwood Center, Mt. Vernon and Kansas. Ride length is 25-40 miles. Contact Alan Chapman at email@example.com.
* Tuesdays: Eastside night rides, begins at 6:15 p.m. at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb. Rides are 30-35 miles in length at a moderate to fast pace. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Thursdays: Eastside night ride begins at 6:15 p.m. at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb. Rides are 30-35 miles long at a moderate to fast pace. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Giants junior tryouts for grades 2-8. Go to wichitafootballacademy.com.
* Deadline Sept. 10: Wichita Parks and Recreation men's flag 7-on-7 league. Fee $400 for eight games at South Lakes Complex beginning Sept. 18. Call 316-268-4129 for information.
* Sept. 13: YWCA Classic at Willowbend, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Fee $90 per player. Call 316-263-7401 of check ywcaofwichita.org.
* Oct. 17: Campus High 50th anniversary tournament at Cherry Oaks, Cheney. Four-man scramble, 8 a.m. Fee $200 per team. Contact Jeremy Willig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-554-2236, ext. 1504.
* Sept. 11: I-Did-A-Hill Fun Run/Walk in Roxbury; 2- and 6-mile runs, 2- and 4-mile walks. Fee $12 before Aug. 27, $15 after. Call Scanlans at 785-536-4205 or Tolles at 785-254-7355.
* Brocaw Blazers youth cross country team tryouts through Nov. 7. Call Steve Howell at 316-993-1280 or see www.brocawblazers.org.
* Begins Sept. 12: Winfield 6-on-6 league, Sunday afternoons through Oct. 31. Fee $210 per team, seven-game minimum. Call Don Birney at 620-222-5114.
* Deadline Oct. 4: YMCA advance league for girls ages 6-18. Eight games beginning Nov. 1. Fee $50 members, $75 nonmembers. Contact any Wichita-area branches or check sports.ymcawichita.org.
* Deadline Sept. 20: Burrton Fall Fest co-ed tournament Sept. 25. Fee $100 per team. Call John Young at 620-242-4947 or e-mail email@example.com
* Deadline Sept. 26: Adult leagues for women and co-ed, 10 games and tournament. Fee $180 per team, season begins Oct. 10. Call 316-945-2255 or check ymcawichita.org.
* Beginning Nov. 6: Club league tryouts for U-12, U-13, U-14 (5-7 p.m. Nov. 6 at Farha Sport Center); U-15, U-16, U-17, U-18 (5-7 p.m. Nov. 13). Fee $350 members, $50 non members plus $50 fees. Call 316-945-2255 or check ymcawichita.org.
Camps and Clinics
* Sept. 18: Rangers Academy tryouts for ages 8-18 at Bishop Carroll, 2 p.m. Fee $25 12-U, $50 13 and older. Call Barry Newell at 316-259-4698 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Sept. 19: Fall camp ages 14-U at South High, 1-5 p.m. Fee $25. Call Derik Dukes at 316-409-6077 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Oct. 24: Brad Hill's College Exposure Camp for high school age players, includes live games, evaluation by KSU staff, and special session from KSU strength coach Scott Bird. Camp runs from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fee: $110. Call Justin Tadtman at 785-532-3926.
* Nov. 13: Brad Hill's College Exposure Camp for high school age players, includes live games, evaluation by KSU staff and midwestern college coaches, and special session from KSU strength coach, Scott Bird. Camp runs from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fee: $110. Call Justin Tadtman at 785-532-3926.
* Holman Baseball Shed private instruction for winter. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
* Craig Dingman individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-371-5921 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Derik Dukes individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-409-6077 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Holman's Baseball Shed is scheduling private instruction. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
Calendar items are updated each week. Lessons and facility rentals will not be included. E-mail information, including a telephone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 316-268-6536.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.