Inter Milan is champion of European soccer for the first time in 45 years and appears about to lose the coach who ended the long wait.
Diego Milito scored a goal in each half to lead Inter over Bayern Munich 2-0 Saturday night, making Jose Mourinho just the third coach to win the European title with two clubs.
Mourinho, the self-proclaimed "Special One," said after the game he is likely to leave Inter to become coach of Real Madrid.
"This makes me feel really sad," Mourinho said. "I've become part of Inter's history and I don't want to talk about anything else. If I talk about it, I'll cry, and I don't want to do that."
Never miss a local story.
Milito scored in the 35th and 70th minutes at Real Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu Stadium to give Inter its third European title, following back-to-back wins in 1964-65. Inter completed an Italian treble following victories in Serie A and the Italian Cup.
* Chad Barrett scored in the 53rd minute to give Toronto FC a 1-0 win over New England on Saturday in Major League Soccer.... Joe Cannon picked up his fourth straight shutout, extending his scoreless streak to 363 minutes, in San Jose's 1-0 victory at Seattle.
* U.S. coach Bob Bradley revealed that captain Carlos Bocanegra underwent hernia surgery before reporting to World Cup training camp. Bocanegra, a defender for Rennes, was kicked on the left knee on March 28 in a match against Le Mans. Because of stomach pains, he didn't play after the May 2 game against Sochaux.
Track and field
South Plains (Texas) College's men's and women's team swept the NJCAA meet in Hutchinson on Saturday. The men won a third straight national title (Barton County was third), while the women won 10 events and a second straight championship. Cowley's women were fifth, Barton's sixth.
Barton's Max Alonso won the discus on Saturday after claiming the shot put on Friday. Aleec Harris and Tarique Hill of Barton finished 1-2 in the 110 hurdles.
* Twenty-two Shockers were named to the Missouri Valley Conference's track and field scholar-athlete team.
Men: Justin Cole, Chris Dickman, Samuel Garrison, Cooper Hanning, Patric Jackson, Todd McKown, Krzysztof Slupkowski, Aaron Young, Jordan Zerr.
Women: Emily Ballock, Haylie Bolan, Signee Fornshell, Amy Hough, Irene Kosgei, Olivia Martinez, Hannah Miller, Audacia Moore, Karolina Mosa, Tonya Nero, Jamie Pruter, Leah Thompson, Rachel York.
Wichitan Jeff Bell shot a 1-over 73 at Manhattan's Colbert Hills on Saturday to share the Kansas Golf Association Public Links first-round lead with Lakin's Ross Geubelle.
Rafael Marquez stopped Israel Vazquez midway through the third round Saturday night, evening their epic rivalry at two fights apiece. arquez made short work of his rival by cutting Vazquez near both eyes in the opening rounds, leaving the former 122-pound champion blinking back blood.
* Vitali Tajbert of Germany retained his WBC super featherweight title in his home country with a unanimous technical decision over Hector Velazquez of Mexico.
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has been fined $100,000 by the NBA for comments made about free-agent-to-be LeBron James that violated the league's anti-tampering rules. Phoenix Suns president Steve Kerr was fined $10,000, also for radio comments made in violation of the anti-tampering rules.
* Chamique Holdsclaw scored 19 points in her WNBA Silver Stars debut, and San Antonio held off the Los Angeles Sparks 88-81.
Virginia's women's lacrosse team lost in the NCAA Tournament on Saturday, a day before slain teammate Yeardley Love was supposed to graduate. The Cavaliers lost to North Carolina 17-7 in the quarterfinals. Virginia (14-6) was playing its first road game since Love's death three weeks ago.
Richard Gasquet of France edged Fernando Verdasco of Spain 6-3, 5-7, 7-6 (5) in the final of the Nice Open for his sixth career title and first since 2007.
* In Strasbourg, France, Maria Sharapova won her 22nd career title after a two-month layoff with a right elbow injury, defeating Kristina Barrois 7-5, 6-1 in the Strasbourg International final. The title was only Sharapova's second on clay and a boost on the eve of the French Open, where she's reached one semifinal and three quarterfinals.
Oklahoma rallied to win at Kansas 8-7 Saturday night on Tyler Ogle's bases-clearing double with two outs in the ninth.... At College Station, Texas, Texas A&M scored seven runs in the final three innings to beat Kansas State 10-2.