Updated Jan. 7
* Southwest Boys Club team and player signup for 2010. Call Play It Again Sports West at 316-729-0300.
* Baseball hitting league beginning in January at Play It Again Sports West. Three-player teams in 10-U, 12-U, 14-U, 18-U. Call 316-729-0300.
Never miss a local story.
* Deadline Jan. 8: MAYB tournaments Jan. 23-24 in Wichita and Great Bend. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Call 316-283-0154 for information.
* Jan. 9-10: Kiwanis Club tournament in Eureka for grades 5-6 boys and girls. Fee $80. Call Mike Pitko at 620-583-6119.
* Deadline Jan. 15: MAYB tournaments Jan. 30-31 in Kingman, Liberal or Lindsborg for grades 3-8. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Call 316-283-0154 for information.
* Deadline Jan. 22: MAYB tournaments Feb. 6-7 in Hutchinson, Emporia and Lawrence for grades 3-8. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Call 316-283-0154 for information.
* Deadline Jan. 24: Nickerson Booster Club tournament Jan. 29-31 for grades 3-6, boys and girls. Fee $125, four-game guarantee. Call Bill Proffitt at 620-422-3381 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Deadline Jan. 29: MAYB tournament Feb. 13-14 in Wichita/Newton, Salina and Baxter Springs for grades 3-8. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Call 316-284-0154 for information.
* Deadline Jan. 31: Cheney After Prom Classic for grades 6-under, boys and girls, at Cheney High Feb. 6-7. Fee $150, three-game guarantee. Call Mark Scheer at 316-540-0491 or Joe Hageman at 316-542-9944.
* Deadline Feb. 5: MAYB tournament Feb. 20-21 in Newton for third-grade boys and girls. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Call 316-283-0154 for information.
* Deadline Feb. 13: Osawatomie girls youth tournament for fourth-eighth grade Feb. 20 at Osawatomie. Fee: $150 per team for three games guaranteed. Call Don Blanchat at 913-755-2191 or e-mail Blanchat@usd367.org.
* Deadline Feb. 20: Osawatomie boys youth tournament for fourth-eighth grade Feb. 27 at Osawatomie. Fee: $150 per team for three games guaranteed. Call Darren Soucie at 913-731-2217 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Feb. 27-28: Solomon Booster Club girls touranment for grades 3-6. Fee $135. Call Kellene Whitaker at 785-452-8108 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Deadline March 12: MAYB winter finale March 27-28 in Newton area. Fee $165, three-game guarantee. Call 316-283-0154 for information.
* Saturdays: Westside rides meet on Santa Fe St. (next to rails/trails) in Goddard at 9 a.m. Riders decide on distance. Call David Rudiger at 316-721-0907.
* Saturdays: Eastside ride starts at 10 a.m. at WSU Metroplex, 29th St. North and Oliver. This is a beginner friendly 26-mile training ride to Valley Center. Call Ben Sciortino at 316-733-5192.
* Saturdays: Eastside ride starts at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb Rd. at 9 a.m. Rides are 40-60 miles in length, averaging 17-19 mph. Call Barry Carroll at 316I-262-6122.
* Sundays: Eastside ride begins at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb Rd. at 1 p.m. Rides are 40-60 miles in length, averaging 17-19 ph. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Sundays: Southside ride begins at 9 a.m. at Linwood Center, Mt. Vernon and Kansas. Ride length is 25-40 miles. Contact Alan Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Tuesdays: Eastside night rides, begins at 6:15 p.m. at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb. Rides are 30-35 miles in length at a moderate to fast pace. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122.
* Wednesdays: Women's tour rides begin at 9 a.m. at changing starting locations. Call Ruth Holliday at 316-685-4545 on Tuesday to determine start places.
* Thursdays: Eastside night ride begins at 6:15 p.m. at Minneha School, 701 N. Webb. Rides are 30-35 miles long at a moderate to fast pace. Call Barry Carroll at 316-262-6122. Darts
* Jan. 9: Air Capital Warmup starts at 12:30 p.m. at Mary's Supper Club. Registration starts at 11:30 a.m. Events include Mixed Trips 701, mens doubles cricket, ladies doubles cricket and a blind draw. Call Ron Diel at 316-208-4046. * Jan. 15-17: Air Capital Open starts at 6:30 p.m. Friday at Holiday Inn East, 549 S. Rock Rd. Saturday youth-adult blind draw begins at 9 a.m. Sunday's events start at 10 a.m. Fee: $5 to $17 per person/event. Call Ron Diel at 316-208-4046.
* Starts Jan. 12: Wichita Church Athletic Association co-ed winter league. Deadline for entries is Dec. 30. Call Bob Waterson at 316-682-4545.
Camps and Clinics
* Feb. 5-6: Big League Camp at Mustangs softball facility, Wichita. Feb. 5 for ages 8-13, 5-9 p.m., fee $125. Feb. 6 for ages 14-up, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., fee $150. Call 316-729-1710 or go to bigleaguecamp.com.
* Holman Baseball Shed private instruction for winter. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.
* Craig Dingman individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-371-5921 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Jan. 23: Hoop Mountain Central winter skills clinic, 2-6 p.m. for grades 1-6, boys and girls. Fee $45. Must preregister by calling 316-733-7700 at at hoopmountaincentral.com.
* Starting Jan. 6: Indoor clinics separated by position. Times are 5 p.m. Wednesdays, 6 p.m. Sundays. Call 316-461-8953 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Dec. 28-29: Goal for Goal soccer camp at Magdalen Catholic School, 2221 N. 127th St. E. 9-11 a.m. for ages 6-14, 11:30-12:20 for ages 4-5. Cost $40 for 6-14, $22 ages 4-5. Call 316-721-3234 for information.
* Holman's Baseball Shed is scheduling private instruction. Go to holmanbaseballshed.com or call 316-722-8448.