Updated Sept. 10
* 13-year-old competitive Westurban/tournament team needs players for 2010. Cannot turn 14 before May 1. Call Mark Banowetz at 316-393-4371 or e-mail email@example.com.
* All-American Sports Academy A's tryouts for 10- and 13-year-old teams. Check www.all-americansportsacademy.com or call 316-648-2248 or 316-207-5500.
Never miss a local story.
* Begins Sept. 13: Hoop Mountain Central Basketball fall league, Sept. 13-Nov. 8 at Wichita-area gyms. Boys and girls, middle and high school divisions. Check hoopmountaincentral.com, call 316-733-7700 ore-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Deadline Oct. 5: YMCA basketball leagues for boys and girls grades pre-K-7. Eight-game schedule begins Oct. 31. Fee $30 members, $55 nonmembers. Check ymcawichita.org.
* Deadline Oct. 5: YMCA advanced basketball league for boys and girls grades 2-5 at Farha Sport Center. Season begins Oct. 10. Fee $75 members, $125 nonmembers. Check ymcawichita.org.
* Sept. 12: Oz Club's annual picnic starts at 6 p.m. at the Lions Club Shelter in Riggs Park, Haysville. Call Delores Craig 316-304-4428.
* Sept. 12: Judge Rydell Boys Ranch ride meets at 9:30 a.m. at the ranch with ride commencing at 10 a.m. Two laps around Afton Lake. Call Ben Sciortino 316-733-5192.
* Sept. 13: Circle Cheney Lake ride begins at 8 a.m. at 21st St. North and 391st St. West and is a SAGged ride. Routes of 44 and 34 miles are optional. Call Barbara Harris 316-617-4440.
* Sept. 18: Evening ride along the river meets at Exploration Place, 300 N. McLean Blvd. at 7:30 p.m. Ride starts at 8 p.m. Lights are required. Distance is 20 miles. Call Gary Vreeland 316-265-7552.
* Sept. 27: Walnut Valley Metric ride begins in Winfield at 9 a.m. Late register and packet pickup at 8 a.m. Call Cecile Kellenbarger 316-215-4867.
* Wichita Youth Cricket Club looking for players ages 8-14. Practice Tuesday and Fridays through Oct. 30. E-mail email@example.com or see www.wichitacricket.org.
* Saturdays: Blind draw doubles tournament at Sidepockets, 600 S. Tyler. Fee: $6. Call Dan Zimmerman at 316-558-8833.
* Deadline Sept. 10: Golf scramble fund-raiser for Friends women's basketball program at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 13 at Hesston Golf Course. $60 per person, team format. Call Gayla Soyez at 316-295-5613 or 316-640-2816.
* Sept. 14: Via Christi Foundation Charity Classic at Wichita Country Club, 7:45 a.m. and 1 p.m. shotgun starts. Entry $500 per person with two meals, awards. Call Marian Girrens at 316-946-5025.
* Tuesdays: Business women's league with tee times between 4:45 and 5:30 p.m. at Braeburn. Continues through Oct. 13. Call Terry Chesnut at 316-686-8801 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Sept. 22: I-Did-A-Hill fun run/walk benefit for Leader Dogs for the Blind, a two-mile and six mile run, and two-mile and four mile non-competitive walks. Registration and packet pickup begins at 7 a.m. in Roxbury. Fee: $12 before Aug. 28, $15 day of race. Call Judy Scanlan at 785-536-4205.
* Deadline Oct. 17: YMCA advanced soccer league for boys and girls ages 6-18. Eight-game schedule begins Aug. 27 at Farha Sport Center. Fee $50 members, $75 nonmembers. Check ymcawichita.org.
* Deadline Sept. 21: Greater Andover Days co-ed tournament at 13th Street Sports Park. Fee $150 includes 12 Greater Andover Days buttons. Forms available at www.andoverks.com.
Camps and Clinics
* Craig Dingman individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-371-5921 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Baseball strength program. Call Barry Renollet at 316-253-6842.
* Oct. 3: Steve Eck Hutchinson Baseball Coaches Clinic at Hutchinson Sports Arena, 9 a.m. Fee $60 first coach, $50 additional coaches. Contact Ryan Freeberg at 620-665-3585 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Football strength program for youth, high school and junior college. Call Barry Renollet at 316-253-6842.
* Holman's Baseball Shed is scheduling private instruction (pitching, hitting, catching) for all ages and team indoor practice space. Call 316-722-8448 or e-mail email@example.com.
Track and Field
* Conditioning and technique boot camp, ages 9-18. Call Barry Renollet at 316-253-6842.