Chiefs’ full-squad training camp to start July 26 in St. Joseph
06/17/2013 5:01 PM
07/09/2013 7:42 AM
The Chiefs announced Monday they will officially kick off training camp under new head coach Andy Reid on Friday, July 26 at Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph.
And Reid apparently likes to get up early.
All practices will begin at 8:15 a.m., except the opening practice on July 26, which will start at 3:30 p.m. All full-squad practices through the final day of camp on Aug. 14 will be open to the public.
This will be the Chiefs’ fourth year at Missouri Western. During the club’s first three seasons in St. Joseph, the Chiefs conducted mid-morning walkthroughs followed by 3:20 p.m. practices. Reid’s walkthroughs, which are closed to the public and reporters, will be in the afternoons.
The opening practice on July 26 will feature a full-team autograph session following the session, and Missouri Western will charge a $5 admission except for children 3 and under.
Unless otherwise noted, all outdoor training camp practices will be free of charge, though Missouri Western will charge a $5 parking fee per vehicle per day. Groups of players will sign autographs after each practice.
Practices conducted indoors due to inclement weather will not be open to the public.
The Chiefs’ annual Family Fun Day will be held at 8:15 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 3. Admission will be free, and the entire team will be available to sign autographs following practice.
Chiefs rookies and quarterbacks will report on Monday, July 22 and go through practices on July 23-24 that will be closed to the public.
There will be no practices on July 31, Aug. 7-8 and Aug. 10.
The first preseason game will be on Aug. 9 at New Orleans, and the first home preseason game will be Aug. 16 against San Francisco.
Chiefs training camp schedule• Monday, July 22: Report Day for rookies & QBs, closed to public
• Tuesday, July 23: Practice for rookies & QBs, 8:45 a.m., closed to public
• Wednesday, July 24: Practice for rookies & QBs, 8:45 a.m, closed to public
• Thursday, July 25: Full-squad report day
• Friday, July 26: Practice, 3:30 p.m. ($5 admission fee; entire team autograph session)
• Saturday, July 27: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Sunday, July 28: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Monday, July 29: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Tuesday, July 30: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Wednesday, July 31: No practice
• Thursday, Aug. 1: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Friday, Aug. 2: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 3: Practice, 8:15 a.m. (“American Family” Fun Day, entire team autograph session)
• Sunday, Aug. 4: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Monday, Aug. 5: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 6: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 7: No practice
• Thursday, Aug. 8: Travel day, no practice
• Friday, Aug. 9: Preseason game one: Chiefs at Saints, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 10: No practice
• Sunday, Aug. 11: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Monday, Aug. 12: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 13: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 14: Practice, 8:15 a.m.
• Thursday, Aug. 15: Chiefs break camp in St. Joseph
• Friday, Aug. 16: Preseason game two: 49ers at Chiefs, 7 p.m.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.