Blue Jays 3, Yankees 2 — Toronto's Jose Bautista hit a two-run homer, then added a tiebreaking solo drive in the eighth inning for his 40th of the season.
* It was the sixth multihomer game of 2010 for Bautista, who leads the majors in home runs. Bautista connected off right-hander David Robertson (2-4) in the eighth.... Scott Downs (5-5) pitched one inning for the win and Kevin Gregg finished in the ninth for his 28th save in 32 chances.
Red Sox 6, Mariners 3 — Marco Scutaro's second two-run single gave Boston the lead for good, and John Lackey pitched eight strong innings.
* Adrian Beltre and J.D. Drew both had two singles for the Red Sox, who won their third straight after their most lopsided loss of the season last Friday.... Lackey (12-7) gave up three runs — two earned — and six hits, striking out 10 and walking two in his best start since he took a no-hitter into the eighth inning at Seattle on July 22.... Jonathan Papelbon got the final three outs for his 31st save.
Cubs 9, Nationals 1 — Mike Quade got his first major-league win, and so did Casey Coleman. The post-Piniella Chicago Cubs are off to quite a start.
* Coleman, a rookie right-hander, took a one-hitter into the seventh inning, and Cubs interim manager Quade had a successful debut.... Making his second start and sixth major league appearance, Coleman (1-1) allowed one run and three hits with three strikeouts and two walks. He faced only three batters above the minimum until the seventh, when he gave up consecutive hits followed by Ivan Rodridguez's RBI groundout. Coleman collected his first major league hit, a single punched through a drawn-in infield in the fifth that also produced his first RBI.
Cardinals 10, Pirates 2 — Albert Pujols hit a three-run home run one pitch after injured Pirates starter Ross Ohlendorf was pulled during a four-run St. Louis first inning, and the Cardinals moved to within a game of the NL wild card lead by beating Pittsburgh.
* Kyle Lohse (2-5), making his second start since spending nearly three months on the disabled list with a right forearm injury, pitched five scoreless innings before giving up Garrett Jones' two-run homer in the sixth. Lohse was lifted one out later, but still won for the first time since May 17 against Washington.... Pujols had another big night, homering in his 10th game of the Cardinals' last 19 while adding a single and a double in five at-bats. Pujols has eight homers in 22 games against Pittsburgh since last season.
Astros 3, Phillies 2 — Brett Myers threw seven sharp innings against his former team, Carlos Lee hit a go-ahead two-run single in the eighth and the Astros beat the Phillies.
* The wild card-leading Phillies lost for just the sixth time in their last 30 home games.... Pitching in a steady drizzle, Myers (9-7) gave up two runs and nine hits, striking out nine. Myers has pitched at least six innings in each of his 26 starts, tying Larry Dierker's franchise record. It's the longest streak to start a season since Curt Schilling had 35 straight in 2002.... Ryan Madson (4-2) took the loss.