Rays 3, Yankees 2 _ Wade Davis shrugged off a rocky start to pitch seven innings, and Matt Joyce hit a three-run homer for Tampa Bay.
* Tampa Bay forced Alex Rodriguez to wait at least one more day to join the 600-home run club, and the second-place Rays matched their longest winning streak of the season at seven games. The Rays pulled within one game of the AL East-leading Yankees with their 11th win in 12 home games.
Blue Jays 8, Indians 1 _ Jose Bautista hit a grand slam, his major league-leading 31st home run, Fred Lewis added a solo shot and Toronto beat Cleveland for its sixth win in seven games.
* Bautista went 3 for 3 and walked twice before being lifted for a pinch-runner in the eighth inning.... The Blue Jays have homered in 11 consecutive games, hitting 27 over that span, and lead the major leagues with 157, including league highs at home (87) and in July (42).
Tigers 6, Red Sox 5 _ Jhonny Peralta hit two homers in his first game since being traded, and struggling Detroit withstood a grand slam by David Ortiz in the ninth inning.
* Peralta, obtained from Cleveland on Wednesday, hit a solo homer in his first at bat in the second inning then connected again off Jon Lester, a two-run shot in the fifth.
White Sox 6, Athletics 1 _ Lucas Harrell pitched six strong innings in his major-league debut, Dayan Viciedo had three hits, and the White Sox got their 12th straight home win.
* Gordon Beckham also had two hits and drove in two runs for the AL Central-leading White Sox, who are 19-1 at home since June 9. Chicago moved to a season-high 14 games over .500.
Twins 5, Mariners 3 _ Matt Capps worked a scoreless ninth inning for a save in his first appearance with Minnesota, preserving a victory over Seattle.
* Capps, acquired from the Washington Nationals the previous night, gave up a two-out single to Chone Figgins before striking out Casey Kotchman, ending the game with a pump of his fist. Of 94 ca reer saves by Capps, he has 11 against AL teams.
Nationals 8, Phillies 1 _ Craig Stammen carried a shutout into the seventh inning; and Washington roughed up Roy Oswalt in his Philadelphia debut, halting the Phillies' eight-game winning streak.
* Oswalt (6-13), a former 20-game winner acquired from Houston in a four-player trade Thursday, allowed five runs — four earned — and seven hits in six innings. He walked two, struck out four and hit two batters.
Astros 5, Brewers 0 _ J.A. Happ allowed two hits over six innings in his Houston debut, leading the Astros past Milwaukee.
* The Brewers have lost three straight after winning their previous five games. The Astros won their third straight.
Diamondbacks 9, Mets 6 _ Kelly Johnson and Miguel Montero homered in a five-run sixth inning, and Arizona stopped a seven-game losing streak.
* Montero also doubled, singled and drove in four runs for the last-place Diamondbacks, who won for the first time since finishing a three-game sweep of the struggling Mets last Wednesday in Ariz ona.
Braves 6, Reds 4 (10) _ Jason Heyward doubled home two runs with two outs in the 10th inning, rallying Atlanta past Cincinnati.
* Atlanta moved 3 1/2 games ahead of second-place Philadelphia in the NL East.