Derby at Heights
When: 7 tonight
Records: Derby 8-3, Heights 7-4
Radio/TV: KWME, 93.5 FM
Never miss a local story.
* In four starts since taking over for injured John Moreland, Heights quarterback Matt Reed has rushed for an average of 108 yards a game on 18 carries.
* This is Derby's second consecutive trip to the state semifinals. The Panthers were defeated by eventual champion Junction City last year. This is Heights' first time in the state semifinals.
* The Heights defense has given up only three touchdowns in the playoffs, and has four sacks and 11 tackles for loss.
* Derby's Tyler Harrison has thrown for more than 1,400 yards. His favorite target is Devin Hedgepeth with 40 catches for 737 yards.
Bishop Carroll AT Hutchinson
When: 7p.m. Today
Records: Carroll 11-0, Hutchinson 11-0
Radio/TV: KGSO, 1410-AM, Cox KS 22
* Carroll quarterback Blake Bell has rushed for 801 yards and 20 touchdowns and passed for 2,498 yards and 31 touchdowns.
* Hutchinson is holding opponents to fewer than 13 points a game. The Salthawks have given up 21 points or more three times.
* Hutchinson has won five consecutive state football championships. The Salthawks won four in Class 6A before moving down to 5A last season. Hutchinson defeated St. Thomas Aquinas 38-0 in the title game last season.
* The Carroll defense has held five opponents this season to one touchdown or less.
Buhler at Topeka Hayden
When: 7 tonight
Records: Buhler 11-1, Topeka Hayden 8-3
Radio/TV: KXKU, 106.1-FM
* Buhler will be without the state's leading rusher Jorden Oden (2,559 rushing yards). Quarterback Jake Reffner has rushed for 1,114 yards and 14 touchdowns. Also look for Tanner Fisher to play a major part in the run game.
* Hayden is led by running backs Garrett Nicol and Alex Steuber, who have combined for 1,432 rushing yards.
* Buhler has outscored its playoff opponents 193-73. Buhler's defense is led by Roman Davidson (151 tackles) and Jadyn Garcia (101).
* Hayden has won four consecutive games since losing to Abilene 21-20. In those games, Hayden has outscored opponents 100-23.
WICHITA COLLEGIATE AT NORTON
When: 2 p.m. Saturday
Records: Collegiate 12-0, Norton 9-3
Radio/TV: KGSO, 1410-AM
* Collegiate has outscored opponents 536-124 and has three shutouts. Norton lost to Smith Center, Ellis and Scott City by a combined 24 points. The Bluejays have outscored opponents 374-140 with three shutouts.
* Collegiate beat Scott City 19-17 in the 3A quarterfinals; Scott City beat Norton 14-6 in Week 8.
* Collegiate is led by QB Blake Jablonski, who has throw for 3,365 and 43 touchdowns. He has thrown 12 touchdowns and has nearly 1,000 passing yards in three playoff games. WR Brett LeMaster has 1,161 receiving yards and 16 touchdowns.
* QB Connor Pfannenstiel leads Norton with 10 touchdowns and 1,071 passing yards. Terrell Lane has 956 rushing yards, while Zane Perez has 670.