* A Feb. 23 matchup was snowed out in Lawrence. KU won both meetings last season after losing five straight to the Shockers.
* The Jayhawks gave up 32 runs in the final two games of their weekend series to Texas Tech, 11-8 and 21-10 losses in Lawrence. KU pitchers gave up 38 hits in the two games, including 15 doubles and four home runs. The Jayhawks defeated Texas Tech 10-2 on Friday to win their fifth straight game.
* CF Brian Heere leads KU with a .394 batting average and a .474 on-base percentage. He has 11 doubles. LF Jimmy Waters leads the team with 46 RBIs and eight home runs. P Lee Ridenhour, who shut out WSU for eight innings in an 8-0 win last season in Lawrence, is out for the season with an ankle injury.
* KU closer Brett Bochy is out for the season after undergoing elbow surgery earlier this month. Bochy, a junior, was 2-0 with a 0.78 ERA and five saves.
Never miss a local story.
* P Thomas Taylor, a redshirt freshman, held Missouri to two hits over 5 2/3 innings, striking out eight, in Wednesday's 1-0 win at Kauffman Stadium in a non-conference game. He has not allowed a run in his last four outings.
* WSU P Tobin Mateychick has allowed one earned run in his past two mid-week appearances, both in relief against Big 12 teams. He compiled four strikeouts and allowed four hits in 5 2/3 innings against Nebraska and Kansas State. He has not started since an April 7 game against NAIA Rogers State, an outing in which he did not survive the fourth inning.
* WSU shortstop Tyler Grimes went 5 for 10 in the three-game weekend series to raise his average from .254 to .274. He also walked and was hit by two pitches. He is hitting .300 with six walks in nine games since moving into the leadoff spot in the order. He leads the Shockers with 25 walks and a .465 on-base percentage.