* Texas' Colt McCoy will lose a thumbnail but not playing time. McCoy injured the thumb on his right (throwing) hand in the second quarter of the victory against Oklahoma. He had one of the worst passing games of his career, 21 of 39 for 127 yards.
* The good news is Sam Bradford's shoulder was not further damaged by the first-quarter sack against the Longhorns. Although it's assumed Bradford is done for the season, coach Bob Stoops said he wouldn't comment on his status until later this week.
Ranking the Big 12
Team (last week) Next opponentComment
Never miss a local story.
1. Texas (1) At MissouriWin out and play for national title
2. Oklahoma State (4) at BaylorFinding new offensive stars
3. Texas Tech (6) Texas A&MMost impressive Big 12 victory
4. Oklahoma (3) at KansasBest 3-3 team in the game
5. Kansas (4) OklahomaRedemption chance vs. Oklahoma
6. Nebraska (2) Iowa StateQB will be game-time decision
7. Missouri (7) TexasSo much hinges on Gabbert's ankle
8. Kansas State (12) ColoradoHow do you describe the two weeks?
9. Colorado (11) at K-StateHad been improving for a few weeks
10. Iowa State (9) at NebraskaDefense had to improve, and it did
11. Baylor (10) Oklahoma StateVictory opportunities dwindling
12. Texas A&M (8) at Texas TechSound the alarms
Big 12 on TV
Saturday's TV games
Iowa State at Nebraska, 11:30 a.m., FSN
Colorado at Kansas State, 11:30 a.m., FCS
Oklahoma State at Baylor, 11:30 a.m., Versus
Oklahoma at Kansas, 2:30 p.m., ABC
Texas at Missouri, 7 p.m., ABC
Oct. 31 TV games
Nebraska at Baylor, 11:30 a.m., Versus
Missouri at Colorado, 12:30 p.m., FSN
Kansas at Texas Tech, 2:30 p.m., ABC
Kansas State at Oklahoma, 6 p.m., FSN
Texas at Oklahoma State, 7 p.m., ABC or ESPN2