▪ “Welcome to Washington, where you get to see government inaction. That used to be two words.” – Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan., at a National Rural Health Association event
▪ “The endangered species today are farmers and ranchers. We ought to list them No. 1.” – Roberts again, at a National Association of State Departments of Agriculture conference
▪ “We are not doing what Kansas did.” – South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, on how she is phasing in her state income tax cuts over a decade
▪ “They’re not blaming Obama this time; they’re blaming it on Santa Claus.” – Senate Minority Leader Anthony Hensley, D-Topeka, on the Brownback administration’s contention that unexpectedly weak Christmas receipts helped explain the January revenue shortfall
Never miss a local story.
▪ “Is this called the Kansas Sedition Act?” – WSU professor emeritus H. Edward Flentje, on a bill in the Legislature to prohibit professors from using their official titles when writing a letter to the editor or opinion column